Having problems with my truck

mandkole

Reaction score
Assume the compression is good? Have you done any datalogging? My questions are only continuation of the conversation -- Id definitely agree that even a rough motor should have your boost into the 40s. You appear to have enough fuel.

Is your intake a 5"? I made a capped ABS joint for a 4" tester but it should be easy enough for 5" also. As you are testing for air leaks, the boost gauge will show pressure also. I'd shoot for a 6-7 psi differential of the 30psi regulated air supply to the boost gauge--this would be 23-24psi on the boost gauge. Some leakage is expected but if you have much more than that, there is major leakage somewhere.

turner97

Reaction score
Ya it is 5" and thank you I will be trying that I just denied it again yesterday and it only made 450/700 still only 28 psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
gearhead tunes off of the map sensor, so if its only seeing 20 psi it wont keep fueling harder due to the low boost

Swaan

Reaction score
If he's making a smokey 450 hp at only 28 psi boost he's got major leak somewhere.
You should be at 40 psi

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
boost fooler is a good thing to have cuz its been known to damage the map sensor with over stock boost psi...

live life full throttle

turner97

Reaction score
I have a boost fooler and yes so smokey filled the shop complete black why'll dynoing

m j

Reaction score
I agree with the boost leaks.

Get rid of the boost fooler, lower the fuel pressure.

I saw you have e-fuel, but do you have a regulated return, and what size are your lines. You need a lot of fuel to supply those injectors.

with that combo he will max the MAP. he needs the fooler. he can set it a lot higher though

turner97

Reaction score
So you think I should lower the fuel pressure at the regulator from 65 and up the boost fooler

turner97

Reaction score
Ya I have fuel down to 65 and I believe my fooler is about 23

turner97

Reaction score
10-4 thanks so much guys for the help I appreciate it if you come up with any other thoughts let me know 720-290-3705

njjeep

Reaction score
Have you talked to gearhead? My gearhead tunes got me a track time of 12.7. And it dynoed around 550hp. That's with 250/200's and an s468

turner97

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks again I built a plug with a regulator and got a boot to put it on the intake side of turbo and put 40psi to it and found some pretty big boost leaks first one is where the I/c pipe goes to intake of turbo what kinda set up do you guys use there to connect I/c pipe to the turbo and the others were both plenums they are the flat irate ones what do you guys use to dealt those

Swaan

Reaction score
Are you talking the compressor discharge??? What kind of set up are you running. Is it just a v clamp or hose and clamps.
I hate irates POS flat aluminum intake plenums. Stock super duty plenums with inserts are way better. Or if you got the cake, riffraff has some real nice ones.

Get all those leaks fixed it will run a ton better. ��

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.