HD 4R100 Questions

dieselflash

Reaction score
Anybody running the Ford HD 4r100, if so, any tuning issues with it. Heard some problems with hard converter engagement. Want to make sure I won't have to send my chip out for a reburn. My options are between the HD and Dieselsite's 4r100. They are only about $200 difference in price and I'm not a big fan of Ford remans.

firehunter

Reaction score
Well it sounds like you already have your mind made up to go with Dieselsite's transmission but FWIW I am running the Ford HD unit in the wife's '02 (same VDHx tuning as yours) and it's been fine. Nothing special, it just works. She hauls horses all over the mountains here in the west without issue. No tuning changes from the original transmission, she has PHP tuning in her truck.

dieselflash

Reaction score
I think it would be a lot easier to go with the Ford HD unit. I am a Ford tech, so no shipping prices or core refunds and it has a better warranty. That's the hassle of the aftermarket transmissions, they may be a better made tougher unit, but I don't want to be without a truck shipping transmissions all over the country on my dime. The HD unit can be warrantied at any Ford dealer.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
The good thing about a Ford re-man trans is the warranty. 3 years, unlimited mileage and if any issue arises with trans, you can go to any Ford dealership for service. I put a Ford trans in my gf's Exploder.

Billy T.
[email protected]

psduser1

Reaction score
The work truck we just put together came with one in it. Has 60-65k miles on it, truck s gross weight was around 14k pounds. Seems to still be just fine.

2001 Power Stroker

Reaction score
My truck has fords hd trans and the converter does lock hard but only in the tunes that require it like my performance and racing tunes. towing and daily tunes it locks really nice without being like a muscle car with a manual valve body.

ncollins64

Reaction score
^think people is steering away from BTS from what I've seen because of his timelines and service. Don't get me wrong he makes good stuff but that's it. I had a ford hd trans in my other truck and never had an issue till I sold it.

Reaction score
^think people is steering away from BTS from what I've seen because of his timelines and service. Don't get me wrong he makes good stuff but that's it. I had a ford hd trans in my other truck and never had an issue till I sold it.

Brian's service is awesome I'm not sure what you're talking about. The only issue is the wait.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Brian's service is awesome I'm not sure what you're talking about. The only issue is the wait.
That's more or less what me and others are talking about. He has good products but the 8 month wait is kinda the downfall. Others have waited longer and I have called several times lately checking on other products to buy and I'm always promised Brian will call back but has never happened. If he doesn't want my money then I can buy elsewhere. Rant over, back on topic

gnxtc2

Reaction score

I guess not returning calls is not part of service.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54101

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Man if you're a Ford Tech you have access to all the manuals, even an ATSG manual will tell you how to put it together, 4R100s are gravy, contact Transtar up here in Nashville for a Billet Converter, a good stage one clutch kit, transgo tugger, and a billet input from swamps, about 1250 in parts, and if you add 200 bucks for a "New" solenoid block it'll be tougher than alot of junk out there, take your time and go over every part carefully, I built my own and a good dozen or so for others using these parts and absolutely no problems. Tune it accordingly and enjoy!!

dieselflash

Reaction score
Man if you're a Ford Tech you have access to all the manuals, even an ATSG manual will tell you how to put it together, 4R100s are gravy, contact Transtar up here in Nashville for a Billet Converter, a good stage one clutch kit, transgo tugger, and a billet input from swamps, about 1250 in parts, and if you add 200 bucks for a "New" solenoid block it'll be tougher than alot of junk out there, take your time and go over every part carefully, I built my own and a good dozen or so for others using these parts and absolutely no problems. Tune it accordingly and enjoy!!

That's a real good point, it's been considered, I don't have much internal trans experience besides doin some valve bodies. I see your from Shelbyville, I was born there, still got family there, bought some handmade furniture up there a few months ago.

Latest posts

Members online