Heavy Duty Clutch

YZ250f12154

Reaction score
I am biting the bullet and ordering a South Bend Dual Disc clutch, I'm just wondering if I should be looking for an upgrade for the hydraulics too. From what I have heard, Ford's stock clutch hydraulic components are pretty durable, but a friend of mine said that from my description it sounds like I need new hydraulic components. My clutch slips under anything more than normal acceleration, and I have also had the pedal stay on the floor after hard acceleration through a couple of gears. I know the clutch is slipping due to the performance tune I have in the truck. Does it sound like I need hydraulic components? Or does it just sound like a new clutch will do the trick? Thanks!

djberg

Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting, I would think that if your hydraulics were screwing up it would be a constant situation. What all do you have done to your truck and how many miles? My stock clutch went out at about 110k and then the single ceramic went when I put the ficm tuner in it. And now I'm running the dual organic and couldn't be happier.

As for the mechanics of the clutchbuts self, the only problem I've had so far is the pin on tgebclutch pedal arm sheered off on me, that's my only nonclutch , clutch related failure I've had so far. Also theres a thread on zf6 kind if everything, check it out.

F350Dually

Reaction score
I did the south bend clutch when I took my cab off for head studs. After a few thousand miles, I'm wishing I had updated the clutch hydraulics, etc. The pedal releases funny, and I was told the clutch cylinders etc. were improved on later models. So...if yours is a late 6.0, just replace it, if its the early ones( like mine), get the updated parts..

Latest posts

Members online