Heim joints for steering?

Layson

Reaction score
The first setup is an Icon Crossover steering kit. That includes the knuckle and the drag link. That would make the biggest improvement in your steering.

The second setup is by One Up Offroad and that setup comes with their full suspension kit. So I doubt you could get it that easily. It also involves getting a high steer knuckle to do it correctly.

I would call up Marty at Truck Toyz or Clay at Riffraff Diesel, tell them what you got. Then ask about the Icon Crossover Steering Kit. It was easier to steer my truck on 12" of lift with 40's then it was when it was at 6" of lift and 37's without the high steer knuckle. So it makes a huge difference. You don't really have to have hydro assist if you don't want it. Hydro assist is nice, but to do it right on our trucks is expensive.

If you go the route with joints from ballistic or whomever and don't go the route of the high steer knuckle. Your joints could end up being maxed out at ride height due to the height differences between the knuckle and the steering box. They also they would probably sell you a flexible joint, which is what you don't want on your steering setup.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I saw the kit from icon. Guessing you don't change the steering knuckle on the driver side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Layson

Reaction score
I saw the kit from icon. Guessing you don't change the steering knuckle on the driver side?

Yes you just change the passenger side steering knuckle. The drivers one stays on the truck. It just gets your steering geometry in check. It is one of the best mods for a truck lifted like yours.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Pmf? I looked at my track bar and it's limited out.

Latest posts

Members online