Help/advice for sub install on my '10 F250

Ronin

Reaction score
I have a '10 F-250 CC/SB with the Synch and factory sub and have already upgraded my door speakers with Boston Acoustic SE85s front and rear (in addition to the PAC Navigation Unlock Interface I added to the headunit).

I understand that the factory sub is essentially "un-upgradeable". My buddy just installed a MONSTROUS Memphis Audio amp and 15-inch sub/box in his F350 and I'm inheriting his previous setup for a steal!

I now have his Kicker L5 12-inch in a box and a Kenwood KAC-9105D amp. I was also looking at upgrading the factory front door pillar tweets and were curious if anyone had a recommendation for those?

I'm wondering if I should take the speaker level input off the wiring harness that goes into the factory sub...? As far as wiring it I was just going to order an amp installation kit from Crutchfield and have at it with that.

I was also curious if I should add a separate remote level control and some recommended settings for starters. I listen mainly to 90's alternative/rock and old/new school rap and hip-hop...

Any recommendations, advice, guidance, etc. is appreciated...thanks in advance!

Ronin

Reaction score
Thanks for nothing! :p

Got it installed just fine with the line out converter running off the rear speakers.

Man that factory sub is worthless, at least I have a little bass now, nothing too crazy but day and night better than what I "had"...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.