Help? Carnage pics inside

NathannialD

Reaction score
Unless it was locked in 4wd

I was just curious how it would even be possible without the t case locked in 4wd that was really the point I was trying to make. I'm with you in thinking the t case was already done.

powerstrokesd14

Reaction score
Lincoln Nebraska is home and Houston Texas for sch
Unless it was locked in 4wd

I was just curious how it would even be possible without the t case locked in 4wd that was really the point I was trying to make. I'm with you in thinking the t case was already done.

I wouldn't doubt the t case was already done. I have had nothing but shi* luck with this truck. I am confused as to how it happened. And I've never heard of the transfer cases basically grenadine on these trucks. Has anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madman1234509

Reaction score
Hopefully it was already done and that was the issue all along. Next question is what was all of the oil on the axle? Was it motor oil? I hope you dont get it started and still have an issue. I'd make an attempt at pulling codes as well....

Those shaking symptoms make me nervous, I've seen many people describe similar and have cracked pistons. Would the shaking come and go from a bad t case like that? Sounds more like while load was on the engine it shook.

Last edited:

powerstrokesd14

Reaction score
Hopefully it was already done and that was the issue all along. Next question is what was all of the oil on the axle? Was it motor oil? I hope you dont get it started and still have an issue. I'd make an attempt at pulling codes as well....

Those shaking symptoms make me nervous, I've seen many people describe similar and have cracked pistons. Would the shaking come and go from a bad t case like that? Sounds more like while load was on the engine it shook.

My guess would be the fluid from the transfer case maybe? My truck has been sitting since Friday and there isn't a drop under it.

powerstrokesd14

Reaction score
Recently I've seen 2 or 3 posted on fb with holes blown out of them. Prior to that I didn't think there were many issues.

That's interesting but I talked to PSE yesterday and I think I'm going to take it there. That is unless someone wants to buy my truck as is haha

blackie375

Reaction score
I have seen quite a few transfer cases grenade like that on some f550 utility trucks, had a couple of dodge 5500 do it too

ford141

Reaction score
This is what my friend's 08 looks like. He bought the truck like this from the auction so no idea what happened. Front driveshaft was MIA and fuel lines were fubar'd too.
a413fe8ad8158597fd6212ec0029c079.jpg

Sent from the backwoods

powerstrokesd14

Reaction score
This is what my friend's 08 looks like. He bought the truck like this from the auction so no idea what happened. Front driveshaft was MIA and fuel lines were fubar'd too.
a413fe8ad8158597fd6212ec0029c079.jpg

Sent from the backwoods

That's very interesting they look damn near identical in damage. Do you know if it was a repo truck since he bought it at auction?

johnp115

Reaction score
Any possible way a grenade got wedged up into the t case and detonated? Lol cause that's what it looks like.

Id have to agree with the others and say something was starting to let go in the t case and while in tow it went and took everything else out that it possibly could.

sootie

Reaction score
to the OP...if it is an electric shift transfer case i have one here with 108k on it i can ship today. 250.00 plus shipping

powerstrokesd14

Reaction score
Any possible way a grenade got wedged up into the t case and detonated? Lol cause that's what it looks like.

Id have to agree with the others and say something was starting to let go in the t case and while in tow it went and took everything else out that it possibly could.

Yea I'm kind of leaning that way as well. That's really the only way things add up.

ford141

Reaction score
That's very interesting they look damn near identical in damage. Do you know if it was a repo truck since he bought it at auction?

No, I don't think it was a repo, it was a fleet truck from down south from a large company. They push the broken trucks into the back lot and use them for parts, then send them to the auction. This one also had some parts missing from the engine, and stock steel wheels even though it was a loaded lariat. Our understanding is that after the transfer case went they took the parts they wanted and then sent it to the auction. No idea if the transfer case blew while driving or while being towed.

Sent from the backwoods

powerstrokesd14

Reaction score
No, I don't think it was a repo, it was a fleet truck from down south from a large company. They push the broken trucks into the back lot and use them for parts, then send them to the auction. This one also had some parts missing from the engine, and stock steel wheels even though it was a loaded lariat. Our understanding is that after the transfer case went they took the parts they wanted and then sent it to the auction. No idea if the transfer case blew while driving or while being towed.

Sent from the backwoods

I gotcha

Rubenk

Reaction score
A friend had his let go. Its usually the joint that goes and starts wobbling then the whole thing grenades.

Latest posts

Members online