Help? Carnage pics inside

powerstrokesd14

Reaction score
Lincoln Nebraska is home and Houston Texas for sch
I don't see anywhere in any of your posts that confirm that the transfer case was NOT locked in 4wd...

To clear any confusion: when I left the truck it was in 2wd. I double checked before I left it. My gf said she didn't touch it and I believe her. She also said the only time the tow truck driver was in the cab he put the seatbelt through the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

griz700rocket

Reaction score
I believe the auto hubs are locked with no vacuum applied so with the truck not running it's very possible the entire front drive train was turning. If something was starting to go bad in the transfer case the tow job could have finished it off.

powerstrokesd14

Reaction score
I believe the auto hubs are locked with no vacuum applied so with the truck not running it's very possible the entire front drive train was turning. If something was starting to go bad in the transfer case the tow job could have finished it off.

Another good possibility.

Rubenk

Reaction score

This is really what I believe happened. You had the t-case or ujoint on it go out on you, you stopped before it self destructed. Then the tow dolly finished it off due to locked hubs.

powerstrokesd14

Reaction score
Well small update just got this text from my father...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432143790.865712.jpg

RubberDuck

Reaction score
Ruben tree'd me. My guess is your hubs have been locked, or malfunctioning Auto for a long time. This causes the whole 4wd assembly to run. Wore out the tcase u joint, you felt it going. Toe truck driver never checked. Boom, exit transfer case. Common dodge issue, they can't unlock.

Lipka101

Reaction score
Ruben tree'd me. My guess is your hubs have been locked, or malfunctioning Auto for a long time. This causes the whole 4wd assembly to run. Wore out the tcase u joint, you felt it going. Toe truck driver never checked. Boom, exit transfer case. Common dodge issue, they can't unlock.

I'm with him on this. Bad U-joint cracked t-case and the tow truck finished it off.

Latest posts

Members online