HELP! engine wont turn over.......

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
hey guys,

i recently installed 60 overs, dual fuelers, studs, ported intake, airdog, fuel bowl delete, and pushrods in my truck. it is all deleted and tuned as well, of course. here is my issue....the truck ran GREAT for 3 days. no noises, no smoke, no issues.

parked it for the night, got out to leave for work this morning and the engine is locked up, it will not turn over. i did try the starter wire to the positive battery terminal trick and i can hear the starter engage but nothing. brand new batteries. could this be due to a leaky injector? i had this happen once before while cranking the engine. cyl #3 was clogged with fuel but what could cause that to happen? brand new nozzles from rudys diesel. :fustrate:

any more insight as to what could have caused it to hydrolock overnight like it did? ANY suggestions besides pulling glow plugs and turning it over?

thank you in advance.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Just make sure the level isn't high. If it is then smell the oil. See if you can smell diesel. Did your coolant level drop any?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I know Jared had a hpfp leak and it filled the entire crank case with fuel and f'd his motor up in his 450( I think it only had like 36k on it) I would almost think that if a cylinder was full of fuel, that over the corse of the night the fuel would have leaked down past the piston rings.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Could also be leaky fuel tubes as well. Not torque down to spec or over torqued and cracked. I hope this doesn't mess up your bottom end trying to crank it and it being locked up.

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
Well, I am embarrassed. After checking everything over and trying to turn engine with a so key and ratchet, all is well. It was a loose connection for my starter causing it to sound like it was engaging and not tuning. Needless to say I am super relieved and the truck is running great! Hahaha

webb06

Reaction score
Well, I am embarrassed. After checking everything over and trying to turn engine with a so key and ratchet, all is well. It was a loose connection for my starter causing it to sound like it was engaging and not tuning. Needless to say I am super relieved and the truck is running great! Hahaha

Good news there man. Glad to see you didn't have major troubles

timj

Reaction score

Haha nice! Nothing to be embarrassed about. Glad it was a simple cost free fix.

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
Man looking back, I was terrified I might have to tear the sucker down again and see what was wrong, but thanks again guys. I love free and easy repairs lol

Latest posts

Members online