Help getting it up

riotrob

Reaction score
I have a 2016 f250 lariat leveled with RC spacers. I just put on a set of 20x10 with what I believe is a -24 offset. They are wrapped in 35x12.5 exo grapplers. Stupid great deal I could not say no too. I trimmed the liner a little and cleaned up the front bumper mount to keep from rubbing but still getting a little. Will a 4.5" lift be enough? If so should I stick with RC or go something else. Don't want to go so high that I spend 2k on a lift. Any help is appreciated.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
4.5" will do it. thats where i'm at with similar combo.

Swampfox

Reaction score
I have a 4.5" Carli back country kit with 35 ridge grapplers and 22x10 wheels with the same offset. I started with a level also and had to go up to a 4.5" to keep from rubbing without trimming.

riotrob

Reaction score
I have the 1.5" level right now. Good to hear that 4.5" will do it. Any good deals on Carli? I hear nothing bit good things of them. I could not resist the title.

riotrob

Reaction score
Also at 4.5" of lift do I need to worry about the drive shaft or is the 4.5" lift kit all I need? Just want to make sure I do it right.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Also at 4.5" of lift do I need to worry about the drive shaft or is the 4.5" lift kit all I need? Just want to make sure I do it right.

we sell carli with a forum discount, and no, drive shaft angle will be fine.

Swampfox

Reaction score
Here is a picture to show the difference. Have some more I can upload too.

36020988974_2f3624c925_z.jpg

Nj67

Reaction score
I have a 2016 f250 lariat leveled with RC spacers. I just put on a set of 20x10 with what I believe is a -24 offset. They are wrapped in 35x12.5 exo grapplers. Stupid great deal I could not say no too. I trimmed the liner a little and cleaned up the front bumper mount to keep from rubbing but still getting a little. Will a 4.5" lift be enough? If so should I stick with RC or go something else. Don't want to go so high that I spend 2k on a lift. Any help is appreciated.
3.5 inches cleared 20x10s with -24 offset for me. Currently running 22x12s -44 offset on same 3.5 with 35 ridge grapplers now. Had to do same minor trimming as you mentioned.
3698ff1091884c55129cf4fce8b6b3a4.jpg
a2be70fe98c9165db71c85c0d92571fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
i'm running 3.5" with 20x10 gear wheels with 35x12.5 ridge grapplers. the only time i rub is pulling into a parking lot too quickly and it varies with curb type. no trimming here

Powderhound

Reaction score
Helped install a Zone lift a couple months ago. Not to terribly impressed.
Couldn't believe it didn't come with a pitman drop arm. That's an accessory for there 4" lift.
I went with the Cognito lift and am very pleased, my only complaint was the directions were low quality and the sway bar drop were interchangeable for each side causing one side to show the open box design. Just a cosmetic complaint.

Jomax

Reaction score
Helped install a Zone lift a couple months ago. Not to terribly impressed.

Couldn't believe it didn't come with a pitman drop arm. That's an accessory for there 4" lift.

I went with the Cognito lift and am very pleased, my only complaint was the directions were low quality and the sway bar drop were interchangeable for each side causing one side to show the open box design. Just a cosmetic complaint.

You don't need a pitman arm drop till after 4.5in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
^ yea that's what I thought too. I don't think I've seen a single kit 4" or under with a pitman drop arm

now i'm not saying Zone is exactly awesome as there's definitely better options out there. but for the price it's kinda hard to beat (basically it's an intro level BDS lift) and Zone offers their cheaper "Fox" shocks as well (not sure on their ride quality though) but you can always upgrade shocks to whatever you like later. I was seriously considering their 4" with radius arms until i found a local guy that got me my 3.5" Icon Stage 1 kit for cheaper than the 4" Zone Radius Arm kit

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online