HELP HAD A STUPID MOMENT!!!

Tonka350

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys yesterday I had to jumpstart my truck and I accidentally crossed the negatives and positives between vehicles....I started the truck just fine after I fixed it but today I went out to start the truck to go to work and the battery was dead again. what are my chances that I blew a cell inside the battery that got crossed, or even something worse? I know I know stupid mistake but it was a complete stupid moment for me, I can't believe I did it. PLEASE HELP!

Chad

Jason

Reaction score
Id venture to say that your batteries are just shot. I got em backwards once when I was 17, and blew the fuseable link. Had to buy another and replace it before the vehicle would start. Seeing as yours started fine and no weird issues...Id say iys juat battery time.

Tonka350

Reaction score
that's wierd because I just replaced the batteries last year in this thing.....this is the worst truck I've ever had for batteries...

Chad

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
just get batteries with a good warranty... if they crap out in a year, you will get new ones. It may be an undercharging issue as well... check the alternator. do you have a big stereo in it? anything that would use more power than normal?

Tonka350

Reaction score
I do have a stereo system installed however I have the ability to turn them off without effecting any type of operations of the truck....it has been turned off for a few days now. I called autozone where I got one of the batteries and they said it's a 3 year free replacement, I called advance auto and it has a prorated warranty? I think it's time to just go to autozone and get both batteries so they have the same warranty....stupid I know but my wife replaced one of the batteries while I was deployed last year.

Chad

ToMang07

Reaction score
What was the CCA rating on them?

I agree, sounds like it's just bad batteries, question is WHY, lol

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
That pro rated deal sucks. At least from interstate. That's what I have in my trucks but ill never buy anymore our local dealer /hub is a pits to deal with. I would go with the free replacment deal

Tonka350

Reaction score
I believe they are 750??? CCA I'd like to know why as well, I know last year the issue was the GEM module continually killed them and this year I'm gonna go with I murdered them........it was an accident lol. but as to why they continually die in this truck I have no freakin clue. I think I'm gonna go to autozone today after work and buy 1 battery and replace the other under warranty that way they are both new and both have the same warranty.

Chad

Layson

Reaction score
You just get junk batteries every once in a while. Just make sure when they test them you disconnect one of them, so they can test them separately.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I believe they are 750??? CCA I'd like to know why as well, I know last year the issue was the GEM module continually killed them and this year I'm gonna go with I murdered them........it was an accident lol. but as to why they continually die in this truck I have no freakin clue. I think I'm gonna go to autozone today after work and buy 1 battery and replace the other under warranty that way they are both new and both have the same warranty.

Chad

They should be at leadt 850CCA. I'm running 880CCA Die Hard right now.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Motor craft batteries have a warranty of 3 years free replacement. I've never bough batteries cause if this warranty cause they last about 2.5 years. So I'll continue to run the motor craft ones

Tonka350

Reaction score
You just get junk batteries every once in a while. Just make sure when they test them you disconnect one of them, so they can test them separately.

yeah I'm going to pull them both out today and have them tested separately. I think I may pull the alternator as well and have them test that also while I'm at it.

Chad

TARM

Reaction score
Go with the Group 65 P-2 Platinum Die Hard. It has to be the Platinum there other ones are made by many other manf and are hit or miss. Other than outer case the P-1 group 65 is the same battery as the Odyssey PC1750. They come off the same line at EnerSys manf. 950CCA each so that is 1900 total for 2. AGM battery so no leaking etc can be mounting any orientation. They come with a 4 year full replacement then once that ends there is a 100 month prorate that starts at that point. That end up being over 12 yrs of total warranty period. No normal batteries holds candle to the perf or warranty that I have found. The die hard is a steal compared to the price for the odyssey branded version. $200 a piece DH vs $400 ($300 on sale but still) for the ODY.

Platinum DH are the only batteries I have bought since I first owned vehicles. My dad was the same and who I learned it from. They can be more upfront but you save in the end and have more power etc.

If you keep eating up batteries might need to be checking your main ground wires and connections for looseness and or corrosion. Then the usually alternator etc.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
If your AutoZone batteries have a 3 year free replacement warranty then they are the Gold line. The Duralast Gold 65DLG batteries have 850 CCA and 1000 CA. They are made by Johnson Controls, just like Interstate, Motorcraft, etc.

Just go in and have them test them. Make sure to replace both if one is bad.

Latest posts

Members online