Help me choose some tires.

militant83

Reaction score
Just got a set of 20x12 wheels, now correct me if im wrong they need a 305/50/20 tire?

My truck is a 06 F250 XLT I don't do any hauling or pulling of anything over a few hundred pounds.

Below are the tires I'm considering

Nitto 420
Toyo Proxes ST
Toyo ST II

Any help with what I should look into would be appreciated.. Im also open to other options if anyone has any but I would like to stick with a similar price range to the others.

Swsignal5

Reaction score
Just got a set of 20x12 wheels, now correct me if im wrong they need a 305/50/20 tire?

My truck is a 06 F250 XLT I don't do any hauling or pulling of anything over a few hundred pounds.

Below are the tires I'm considering

Nitto 420
Toyo Proxes ST
Toyo ST II

Any help with what I should look into would be appreciated.. Im also open to other options if anyone has any but I would like to stick with a similar price range to the others.

Just put 420s on my truck about an hour ago. Big change from my 35 open country's but they hook pretty good. 9psi boosted laugh and there was almost no spin. Just a little chirping

five0merc

Reaction score
If you go with the proxies do the st II's. I haven't heard much good about the original proxies, but I run the st II's on my built lightning on the street and like them for what they are. I also have some nitto's for it since those don't last but 10,000 miles, but they are super sticky.

militant83

Reaction score
Now this is my daily driver that I intend to play around with in dirt drags some in the future. Should I be looking in to something more like an A/T to be more suitable for dirt drags? I know that will be a significant price increase but would probably last longer if I'm having to replace tires every year with something like the Nittos.

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Definitely get an AT if you plan on dirt drags.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Toyo AT, nittos G2. There's more, but that is what I would run.

matt92idi

Reaction score
I just did a set of 420s on my truck but it sees almost no off-roading (except for beaches) but I know a few guys who run toyo at II and they love them. I had the old terra grapplers and they were pretty good

militant83

Reaction score
I just did a set of 420s on my truck but it sees almost no off-roading (except for beaches) but I know a few guys who run toyo at II and they love them. I had the old terra grapplers and they were pretty good

Thanks, My main concern the Nittos or Toyo St IIs are the millage rating I believe the are both 10k tires vs the 40-50k rating on most AT tires.

I had also found some Falken Wild Peak Ats that were reasonable in price that had a 40k rating.

The only off road use my truck will see aside from possible dirt drags is driving through the yard to the bonfire pit...lol So mainly a street truck.

swinky

Reaction score
I have 10k on my 420s and it looks like they're going to last around 25k..... If I can stand to look at them that long.

Jomax

Reaction score
My next set of tires are falken wild peaks AT, but they're custom cut.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Around 50 k on Toyo a/t's couple but outs down to bout 10%

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Members online