HELP.....mini max issues can't get answers

nick0360

Reaction score
I bought my mini Max brand new in 2011 I had it in my 2011 6.7 I traded it in recently and returned it back to stock, I'm trying to pull my base mcc so I can get my Gearhead tunes for my 2012 6.7 I updated the mini max and tried installing tune and it asked me for a unlock code I entered the one I got when I first bought it and it didn't work said contact H&S and the are impossible to get a hold of. Do I need to purchase another tuning software unlock code off there website??? I already bought a new MCC code, I don't wanna buy it unless I'm sure that's the problem cause they don't refund anything on codes can someone set me in the right direction my exhaust showed up and I need to get that base MCC so Gearhead can write my tunes

Radioflyer

Reaction score
not sure on the software unlock but the MCC unlock i'm 100%, i'm sure gearhead will chime in and or I can call them for ya.

sootie

Reaction score
just get the mcc unlock and run the custom gearhead tune.

nick0360

Reaction score
I already have it, but my problem is not the mcc it's the initial install that's requiring a code, H&S emailed me back and said I do need to buy the software code again as well as the MCC code because it's a new VIN

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
If you had to buy a 2011 unlock code for your original Race tuner, that is a VIN specific code, and you will have to buy another Ford 6.7 unlock code for your 2012 truck.

All currently available H&S unlock codes are VIN specific unlocks

nick0360

Reaction score
alright guys spoke to soon, after driving 40 mi today being tuned got a CEL P042E {exhaust gas recirculating control stuck open} so my EGR valve is stuck open....after a bunch of reading on this code only find it happening to people who return trucks to stock never anyone getting it after tuning. I installed tune as DPF present, H&S updated there install instructions awhile back saying to unplug egr valve and butterfly valve so i did that and cleared light and came back. so i dont know if once i do delete itll be fine or ill be stuck with light. Now tried reading DTC's again using mini max now gets stuck on screen "establishing communaction with the vehcile" I just cant win i go into show setting and its saying installed with my current VIN for my 2012 but the year of the truck is still on 2011 and serial # shows N/A. This whole process has been suck a PIA that idk if its worth espically since H&S wont give tech support really I tried emailing them again hopefully i get a response

sootie

Reaction score
serial # always shows n/a on the race tuners.

i would just run it stock until you delete and then you will be happy. i didnt think you had to unplug the egr wires unless you were running an emissions removed tune.

nick0360

Reaction score
Ya that's what I read, but what's really bothering me is that it won't communicate with truck to read dtc all of a sudden

nick0360

Reaction score
Ya it initializes and works fine all gauges work and it shows gear I'm in also, but i was reading code earlier in the day now I try and says trying to communicate with vehicle and it'll just stay on that screen I'll have to turn key off to get back to main menu, my concern is I just got the email with my mcc tunes and I'm worried if I try uploading them and and has a issue communicating then I'll be dead in the water

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
do you have an aftermarket head unit that communicates with the PCM? something that can display dtc's, gauge display, etc.?

do you have an aftermarket alarm and/or GPS tracker on the truck?

nick0360

Reaction score
No all stock H&S said don't worry about Download tune should be fine but no answer on why it won't pull codes

Latest posts

Members online