help needed brake caliper sticking truck pulling left

6.4strokin

Reaction score
Usually it's the slide pins. There's 2 pins that the caliper ride on. I forget what size bolts but the slide pins have like a rubber coil at the end of them where the bolt goes. These pins over time wear out the grease that's put on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.4strokin

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400348312.318342.jpg

Alittle dirty but this is one of the bolts one on top and bottom

twitch02x

Reaction score
Now it's not doin it but a buddy that's Ford tech mentioned same thing, just bought some brake clean and lube going to try that first thanks for quick response

TyCorr

Reaction score
The piston could be sticking too. Its not always the slide pins. Either, or, or both.

Ive had trouble with pistons sticking in aftermarket calipers. If you go aftermarket, go to napa and ask for the ones with the heavy black paint. Mine have been great for a year now. That doesnt usually happen with brakes but rather replace them every year.

I also like the bosch quietcast rotors too. They have a nice coating on them.

RSK

Reaction score
mine does it some times usually if i slam on the brakes a few times, the it stops nice and straight again...my truck has 97k on it, i'm switching to the wildwood 16" rotors up front with 6 piston calipers....my rotors are warped anyways, and the calipers will be scrap metal with the rotors once I need pads which is coming up....factory sucks!

6.4strokin

Reaction score
Some of the problem lies how much you drive the truck. My dad just had his brakes replaced 165k miles on the factory brakes including calipers rotors and pads. He drives it everyday and had no problems with the factory brakes.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Mine have always failed calipers. Starts off sticking off and on, until eventually one of the pistons crack and it locks up for good.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I've seen people drill and tap the caliper at the slide pins and put grease fittings in. Always said I should do that but never really had caliper issues. If I had issues like you guys I definitely would put grease fittings in.

Latest posts

Members online