HELP! no start

old96stroker

Reaction score
So Friday my neighbor calls and asks if he can put his edge evolution programmer on my 96 to show someone it works that is interested in buying it, he recently sold his truck and was selling some aftermarket parts off the truck so I said ok what could it hurt? Stupiid stupid stupid! Now the truck won't start, the wait to start light flshes on and off intermentantly and motor will hit with the flashing of the wait tostart light and you can hear a clicking with the wait to start light, I know half of it is a relay, I can hear it and the rest sounds like it is coming fromthe glowplug solenoid? Any help guys, please. My truck is a 96 the truck that the programmer came off of was a 97. And it did program and unprogram but now this as soon as the deprogram, help!

bad12jr

Reaction score
Id be hitting him up for a new pcm more then likely. Sounds like another killed pcm from an evolution

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
Yep you fried your PCM. Yes it is the computer behind the e-brake assembly. You need the code off of it to get the right one. Do not go to auto computer exchange for one. They sell junk. Tell your buddy you want a new one from ford since his programmer killed your truck.

old96stroker

Reaction score
Not trying to be rude, just asking how can you guys be so sure, I am guessing this has happened to you all?can I find the same year truck as mine at a scrapper or blown up truck and fix it? Thank you for the input guys

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Stealership.... At least that would be where i would start, sorry to hear man but i never knew there was a problem with the evo's ran one for several years without a hitch.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.