help out a tig newb

97f350stroker

Reaction score
So let me start by saying I have absolutely ZERO experience with a tig. Decent with a mig but by no means am I an expert fabricator. I wasn't really looking for a tig but fell into a good deal and figured id pick it up to learn and see what I could do. Came across a guy hard up for money and he had miller maxstar 200 str tig stick combo brand new he said hed give me for $600 so I went ahead and picked it up. Never used or even had the plug wired up so I figured it was well worth it. Now my question is in hooking up the tig torch. It came with a ck210 rigid aircooled torch and just looking at it I dnt see how it hooks up to the welder. It's a one piece unit with the end looking like it hooks up straight to my argon bottle so am I missing something or do I need to buy a remote hookup or an adapter of some sort. Probably a dumb question but just browsing a couple sites I cnt seem to find an answer. The manual I downloaded shows a torch with a two piece hose, one going to the welder and one to the bottle.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
After a little more searching Im pretty sure what I need is a safe-loc connector. I found all the consumables I need I'm hoping to get it wired up and mess around with it a little this weekend. Anyone that has any info/tips on this particular welder feel free to share.

Latest posts

Members online