Help! Pulling motor right now.

ford141

Reaction score
I'm just about to pull my motor out but I can't get to the torque converter bolts. A standard socket is too short and a deep well is too long and hits the oil pan. Do I have to take off the oil pan to her the torque converter bolts off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ford141

Reaction score
What do you mean? I'm using a 3/8 ratchet that has a flexible head, but it still won't work.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Get some mid length sockets. That's what I use and have no issues with fitment.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

ford141

Reaction score
Never mind, I just found something that works. 1/4 inch drive 14mm with a 1/4 to 3/8 adapter= just the right length.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
That must be a bad a$$ 1/4 drive adapter, some other vehicles I've worked on inwas worried that a 3/8 was gonna snap gettin TQ converter bolts/nuts loose!

ford141

Reaction score
I didn't know there was a second inspection hole above the oil pan. Got all of them out, didn't break the adapter either. It's a Lisle adapter I picked up at one of the tool dealers at a swap meet. They didn't seem all that tight to me.

I think I'll get a mid-length socket to put it back together though, just so I don't snap the adapter.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
Never mind, I just found something that works. 1/4 inch drive 14mm with a 1/4 to 3/8 adapter= just the right length.

This is exactly what I use every time

ford141

Reaction score
My heads were already off, so I just turned it with a wrench on the front balancer bolts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.