Help!! Rough Idle, white smoke

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Truck is setting codes p2455 which is a DPF code not worried about it right now since i re tuned to stock. Setting codes p0281, p0269, p0303..

This truck ran fine in the driveway not three hours ago with IDP's extreme race tune on it. Decided to load up extreme x took it for a test drive and it set these codes, did nothing to the truck other than load the tune and clean the interior with the radio on while it was re tuning. Any thoughts? Injector harness?

Called innovative and they said to leave it in and run it for awhile but im not feeling that with raw fuel smelling exhaust coming out of the pipe.

Thanks in advance guys.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the codes? If that doesn't work try reinstalling the tune again with everything not necessary turned off ie radio, A/C, Heater, wipers and so on. That way the lowest possible draw on the batters is achieved. It could have just been corrupted during install.

Last edited:

Alfie

Reaction score
When your cranking the motor over. Does it sound nice and smooth or is there some interruption in cranking speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
It's smooth cranking over but as soon as it starts its missing. Re-tuned back to extreme race and still getting the same codes/symptoms. All doors closed radio off and battery charger hooked up. Found out that the wiring harness had been cut at some point and then butt connected back together, but that is also on the drivers side of the motor. My issue persists with 3 and 7. Any other ideas?

Alfie

Reaction score
Man. Best thing is to hook up a dealer scan tool and see what exactly going on. See if its just those cylinders acting up.

I know these trucks act up like that when there throttle pedal goes bad but it usually clears up in about 10 seconds.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
It just came to mind that it acted up like this before a few times when trying to hi idle when I still had the dpf on it. Running real rough but as soon as I shut it off and restarted it quit. Even did it a few times after tuning and deleting, this is the first time it won't come out of it

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Its not moving anytime soon got about a half mile on it and a few starts trying to diagnose it. I just have a hard time believing that they went bad all the sudden literally within 30 minutes it went to chit

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
When adding more power to anything, if something was already worn, on its way out or fixing to be worn it will show its ugly head when you turn the wick up. A lot of people mistake things like, tuners, turbos, larger injectors and the such for damaging their motors when the truth is the motor was already damaged or soon to be so but wasn't as notice able or noticeable yet at the stock power level.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Alright valve cover is off going to try to swap holes in injectors and see if the problem stays with the cylinder our goes with the injector.. Is it normal for these motors to run a little rough but then go into a full blown miss after about thirty seconds and just sound absolutely horrible when an injector takes a chit?

Alfie

Reaction score
Do u have a scan tool that gives live power balance data ? That would be a good tool to see if the it moves.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Getting some of the same DTC's as before but i swapped in two known good injectors for the #3 #7 holes that were giving me all the trouble before.
DTC's
P0269- Cylinder 3 contribution
P0281- Cylinder 7 contribution
P0272- Cylinder 4 contribution
P0303- Cylinder 3 misfire
P2289- Injector Control pressure too high Engine off
P0191- Fuel rail pressure sensor A range/ Performance

I tried to do everything by the book and bled what air I could out of the fuel system. Does it just take a little while for these to straighten up once the system has been open? The miss does not get any worse like it was before it stays constant this time, but not nearly as obnoxious.. Did i miss something here?? Number 4 contribution and the rail pressure DTC's showed up after the swap.

Any thoughts or ideas? It's about to make a trip to the stealership..

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Had the rail pressure sensor unplugged that cleared up number 4 contribution and the rail pressure codes..

Cleared the codes and it ran a little rough and was still smoking white then starts running rough as all get out after a minute or so. Clear the codes and it goes away just repeats the process

Latest posts

Members online