Help! Truck still not completely right.....

Silver6

Reaction score
Ive had an issue ever since the injectors got put in, so this leads me to believe its an injector stuck open, but you guys know a lot more than me. Truck was idling crazy after injectors, wound up being programming. Got that fixed. Truck was blowing white smoke after cranking (somewhat of a hard crank) even when 80*. Tested FICM, it was shot. Got a 58v from innovative. Still, when I crank it up in the mornings, and itll be 75-80*+, it is rough, and blows a considerable amount of white smoke. I can let it warm up for 15 minutes or more, and it will still take another 10-15 minutes of driving to get the white smoke to go away. After that, truck seems to run fine. Any help is appreciated. Just want to know if I need Jess to send me a new injector, or what I need to do. BTW, 190/75 injectors. TIA!

Irontx

Reaction score
Have you talked to jess about it?!?! You could have several problems. Have you isolated which hole is giving you problems?!?!

Silver6

Reaction score
I spoke with Jess when the idling was crazy, and left him a message this past week. His voicemail said they were short handed this week, so I havent bothered trying him again yet. The only code I pull is cylinder #1 - contribution and balance.....

Silver6

Reaction score
I have a video of cold starts, whats the best way to get it on here from my iphone? maybe that will help....

Silver6

Reaction score
What is your icp

no idea. Diesel shops around here are pathetic. I cant find anyone that knows how to test anything to SOMEWHAT try and pinpoint it. All I get is "well....it could be this, or it could be this...." Which, over the internet is one thing, but doing it for a profession with the truck in front of you, is another. Is testing the icp something I can do? Ive just gotten back in the 6.0s here recently, so trying to get back with/up to par on everything.

Silver6

Reaction score
I was up that way not too long ago. Went to clayton to buy a RZR, and blew the headgaskets on the way back. Thats when all this fun started. fun....yeh.

superduty6.0

Reaction score
I have all these same symptoms, almost exactly. mine cranks hard and usually fires then dies, once started runs really rough and smokes white for about 5 miles before it clears up. I had it scanned and have injector circuit 1 low, but would that cause the white smoke? I do have the egr blocked off and have done stud gaskets and oil cooler a year ago.

Not trying to highjack your thread, but looking forward to guys input to find a possible solution.

Silver6

Reaction score
No worries, all I want is this thing to run right! Its being this hard to start in warm weather, I can only imagine what it will do come a cold spell.

superduty6.0

Reaction score
No worries, all I want is this thing to run right! Its being this hard to start in warm weather, I can only imagine what it will do come a cold spell.

that is what concerns me to, i would be surprised if mine would even crank when it gets to be in the 20's here as hard as it starts when it is 80! haha

Silver6

Reaction score
Where the injectors you sent to get built new or used?

Jess had a set at his shop that he built, so I could get the truck back asap without the extra time of taking mine out first. I literally contacted him while waiting on the tow truck. I know none are "new," but these are not the ones that came out of the truck.

Reaction score
Oh ok, I haven't had any issues with the new injectors I send him. Another set, a customer brought me 8 used injectors and when instaalled on truck after about 800miles one started missing. JJ@dozers sent me another one ASAP and fixed the issue. Just wondering bud.

Latest posts

Members online