Help! Tuned truck back to stock and now limp mode...

rollincoal6.4

Reaction score
I have a 2008 F250, I added spartan tunes and 5" exhaust around 20,000mi. Now I have about 75,000mi on her and I have decided to return truck to stock as to trade it in. I reinstalled original exhaust system, tuned back to stock and fired her up. Wrenches, reduced power mode, and 4 codes. P100, P242F, P2463, P246C.

While driving I cleared the codes and truck said "drive to clean exhaust filter" then would immediately go back to reduced power. When reinstalling exhaust I noticed the one square 3 pin connector was corroded inside. I tried to clean and connect but is was tight. The other connections seemed fine.

My question is could all these codes be from that one connection not working? Or is it something else? The truck runs fine and ran fine with dpf delete, and dpf only had about 20,000mi on it when it was removed and then stored in my garage. Can I purchase just this connector? I'm just a little stumped as to what to do, any help or advice would be appreciated!! Thank you!!

sootie

Reaction score
yes. i had the same thing happen to my 08. it was not the sensor that corroded, it was the vehicle harness side.
unfortunately, the dealers in canada don't supply a pigtail so i cut the connector off and used butt connectors to join the individual wires to the pins and then packed it with silicone. redneck, yes, but it worked and the truck was just going to auction.

rollincoal6.4

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it's the connector on the harness side also. I ordered a new pigtail connector from ford this morning, should be here by afternoon. I really hope it's as easy to fix as it sounds....

I'll report back after I give the new connector a try.

Latest posts

Members online