HELP! Water in fuel

14scorpion

Reaction score
Have fass fuel system installed and I just filled up at station on the turnpike and as soon as I fired up my light came on saying I had water in my fuel and to drain the filter so I have drained it 5x now and water is disappearing slowly also ran a diesel treatment to remove water, the light is still on and will not clear with my programmer. Any ideas?!

Reaction score
Make sure to have your receipt and notify the station if you haven't already. Had a buddy fill his Duramax up with some bad fuel and ended up costing almost $12k after all said and done. Took out injectors and HPFP. Station ended up covering it on their insurance.

Logant_14

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last year. I took it in for oil and fuel filters, got it home and the light came on a few days later. I drained it for a few minutes noticing that the fuel didn't look at all like there was water in it, but I noticed that the tech had failed to plug in the sensor. Put it on a rollback to make the 45 minute trip to the dealer and they replaced the sensor for free and insurance covered the ride.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last year. I took it in for oil and fuel filters, got it home and the light came on a few days later. I drained it for a few minutes noticing that the fuel didn't look at all like there was water in it, but I noticed that the tech had failed to plug in the sensor. Put it on a rollback to make the 45 minute trip to the dealer and they replaced the sensor for free and insurance covered the ride.
did they erase the code and remove it from the history? if not. there goes your warranty....

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online