herculiner

madman1234509

Reaction score
I just wanted to give everyone a quick opinion and results of my herculiner bedliner job I did on my truck. I did this project about a year ago now. Daily drive the truck every day. I will admit I dont use the bed heavily too often. Once in a while but an atv in the back or a motorcycle. Sometimes Ill bring random loads of stuff places. Before this liner the paint in my bed was trashed within a year of me having the truck, and I needed on option.

I followed the directions exactly. First tapping off and sanding down the entire bed, or entire area you wanted to coat. Sanding all of the clear coat off. The main goal is to make the surface "not shiney". Cleaned the entire surface, blew it out with air, then wiped it down with Xylol, pretty much an alcohol or mineral spirits solution. Then I loaded it up with 4 coats of the liner, rolled and painted. Followed the directions and waited until almost dry between layers. Then I also used the UV protectant which has worked flawlessly and hasnt faded one bit. The truck is outside every day and has not faded. This material is strong. I got a big glob of it on the bottom of one of my sneakers that I wear every day, and its still there. Ive slid 1 ton pallets of wood pellets across my bed with a fork lift with absolutely NO marks or signs of damage or wear to the liner. No signs of peeling. The rubbery texture is nice and grippy. I will say, just like everyone else, its all in the preperation!!! The prep is the most time consuming but is worth it.

So here are some crappy cell pictures. The bed is a little dirty from random stuff but you get the idea. For the 200-250 it cost for the kit, and extra quart or half gallon, the UV protectant and supplies, Id say it was well worth it and I would definitely do it again!!

Attachments

• IMAG0740.jpg
    IMAG0740.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • IMAG0741.jpg
    IMAG0741.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0742.jpg
    IMAG0742.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0743.jpg
    IMAG0743.jpg
    994.1 KB · Views: 71

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i did it on my work truck, worked well. just really rough.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I did mine myself too. Best money i ever spent. Im not spending gobs of money on something that is just gonna get covered up. Very well done post. I like my herculiner and would recommend it to anybody.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I have had very good luck with this stuff in the past. The only time I have had an issue was sliding heavy parts in and out of the truck. and by heavy. I mean 600lb Dana 60/70 axles. So basically as long as you don't haul scrap everyday. Its a perfect product for you.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
I hated that stuff. BUT, I probably didn't use enough coats. Stuff appeared to "shrink" after application and now doesn't cover worth a damn. Going to be removing this stuff and going a different direction. Oh, btw, I was told 2 coats would do it. I used a full gallon on the bed.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Back in the day i herculined my bumpers and fender flares. Worked really well and held on for much longer then expected. Only thing i didnt like was how rough it was, dragging a knuckle across it meant drawing blood.

madman1234509

Reaction score
It is rough, with the rubber particles in it, but its nice cause stuff doesnt slid too much. I used a full gallon and I can remember but it was whatever they sell seperate, I think another 1 half gallon. And the UV protectant like 12-24 hours later which has woked flawlessly. I also did underneath my doors like where the running boards bolt on all the way along that to the rear bumper to prevent rust. Esp. where the tires kick up stuff and knock off the paint, and it has held awsome so far. Besides already needing a new bed due to a small dent and rust forming around the rear wheel welds.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I used a gallon plus a quart (the small container) and I would call that minimum for a shortbed. I had to do something. With nothing in the bed, it was almost impossible to walk on it with snow in the bed.

Latest posts

Members online