Here's one guys....

HerLifted350

Reaction score
I drove the Nytmare last night just to see if it was a fluke thing... Once she gets warmed up and ya hit the brakes (not a slow gradual slowdown, but like if you go to stop at a yellow light) the truck cuts out... but if ya let off the brake pedal, she usually comes back and stays runnin... It honestly sounds like it's being choked out when ya hit the brake pedal... I didn't have my phone on me last night (left it at the house :doh: ) But next time I get a chance to take her out, I will get a video of it....

907DAVE

Reaction score
Cant remember, do those have power steering pressure switches?

Mdub707

Reaction score
My truck has an oil leak under the turbo, so I am always checking oil, so yes... it's full.

HPOP leak? Is it the turbo leaking, or the cover for the HPOP?

Check the wires that go to the EP sensor (exhaust pressure). On older versions, the wire passed over a stud on the forward left of the engine and could rub through. Once the wire grounds, it shuts down the engine. Either hitting a bump or change in velocity (deceleration or acceleration) might move the wires enough to cause the issue.

This happened on my 06, except it didn't shut my engine off at all. Had 2 of the three wires rubbed right through exposing copper. Made my turbo act like it was sticking severely, but never shut the engine off. I'm sure drive pressure was through the roof.

Have you added more fuel? My buddies 05 would run out with the dash telling him he had 100 miles til empty. Maybe when you're hitting the brakes it's just enough for the fuel to slide forward in the tank and lose prime and truck dies? Then when you're stopped, put it in neutral and crank, by that time the fuel has leveled back out? Just thinking out loud.

HerLifted350

Reaction score
Is your e brake on? LOL I want to look at this thing!

:LOL: I may be a girl... but I am not THAT ditzy... lol. Come on down... she's a sight to see... lol... Has the local crew completely stumped (and not just on this issue, on quite a few). haha... Need to find someone to use her as an experiment... lmao!!! Take her and see what the hell her deal is! I'd take her to a diesel shop and let them tear into it, but I don't have the cash for that. haha.

Cant remember, do those have power steering pressure switches?

No idea... hmm...

HPOP leak? Is it the turbo leaking, or the cover for the HPOP?

This happened on my 06, except it didn't shut my engine off at all. Had 2 of the three wires rubbed right through exposing copper. Made my turbo act like it was sticking severely, but never shut the engine off. I'm sure drive pressure was through the roof.

Have you added more fuel? My buddies 05 would run out with the dash telling him he had 100 miles til empty. Maybe when you're hitting the brakes it's just enough for the fuel to slide forward in the tank and lose prime and truck dies? Then when you're stopped, put it in neutral and crank, by that time the fuel has leveled back out? Just thinking out loud.

Had a local do the EGR delete for me... but he failed to bolt everything back down... (I had a really bad exhaust leak... still isn't sealed back up) so who knows where exactly the leak is coming from... but I don't trust taking the turbo off myself to find out... nor don I want to drive the 3 hours to have him do it again...

When it started, I had just under a 1/4 tank... when I stopped for fuel, I put$50 in which got me to just over 1/2 tank.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Burn it to the ground collect the insurance money and buy another one. Just thinkin' out loud.

Latest posts

Members online