hesitations on buying a 253k mile 7.3?

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Found a clean 2000 7.3 with the ZF6. 253k miles. Haven't had a chance to go look at it in person. Its an xlt 4x4 eclb. Floor shift transfer case. What are some things you guys would be wary of? What are some things to look for? Going to go look at it tomorrow. Would like some stuff to look for. I've had a 6.0 and a 6.4 but not all too familiar with the 7.3. Thanks in advance

dirk0

Reaction score
If it still looked and ran like new, nope. Otherwise.. that's a bit high on the price tag..

bruce

Reaction score
my forged rod donor engine had more miles on it than that and all cylinders had over 390psi of compression. if its been maintained then go for it

dirk0

Reaction score
my forged rod donor engine had more miles on it than that and all cylinders had over 390psi of compression. if its been maintained then go for it

Agreed. But 11k?? My e99 has been treated like someone who brought skittles to a gun fight. And I have no issues driving it across country. But the price seems high.

Layson

Reaction score
seems way high for an extended cab with that high of miles, I think since it has the Zf6 he wants more. Harder to find those...

Jomax

Reaction score
I bought a 2000 F-350 crew cab long bed lariat 4x4 with 265k for 5k. I think they're asking to much.

Lang

Reaction score
Where is he located. 11k down here is south FL is not high

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats not high around here at all. Theres an 02 xlt ec/lb drw on the side of the road for 10k. Its got lower mileage but whatever....

I hate manuals and would knock 2grand off for that.

02BigD

Reaction score
Thats not high around here at all. Theres an 02 xlt ec/lb drw on the side of the road for 10k. Its got lower mileage but whatever....

I hate manuals and would knock 2grand off for that.

Same I was thinking, except I would knock 3 to 4 off for the manual. If one simply gets a quality chip for a zf6 truck, you're going to need to invest in a decent clutch.

You wont.find.that deal again unless smut was selling it.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL !!!!!!!

jaybuller

Reaction score
a tad high for the miles. but I think 9 to 10k would sell no problem and fast. lots of folks out there only drive manuals. doesn't matter if the auto is better in just about every aspect they just have to have a standard shift trans. so I say if its clean enough he will have no problem selling for 11k. I happen to be one of those folks that only drive stick shift vehicals always have always will till they are phased out completely. the auto trucks ive had I only kept them for a month or two then got tired of not having to shift.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Performance! And no Im not referring to souped up trucks. The turbo performance is night and day from manual to auto. Towing? Fuggedaboutit!

Latest posts

Members online