Hey Big Rig Guys!

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Saw this on the highway today, tri-drive Pete tanker with a sleeper

2013_02_13_15_45_26_35.jpg

That's one way of doing it. Up here we just go by the basic rule of thumb...."There is always room for another axle"

8-axle-trailer-carry-transit-vassar-michigan.jpg

6312986754_6cb50c9263_z.jpg

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
That's one way of doing it. Up here we just go by the basic rule of thumb...."There is always room for another axle"

8-axle-trailer-carry-transit-vassar-michigan.jpg

6312986754_6cb50c9263_z.jpg

Michigan?

I always love going up there cause the trucks are so unique to see. I was fueling up and a tanker like the second one you posted pulled in to drop some fuel. Crazy to see in person. Thats a lot of damn tires!

Now, why exactly do ya'll run that many axles?

Last edited:

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Michigan?

I always love going up there cause the trucks are so unique to see. I was fueling up and a tanker like the second one you posted pulled in to drop some fuel. Crazy to see in person. Thats a lot of damn tires!

Now, why exactly do ya'll run that many axles?

Yep, in MI we do things a little different than the other 49. We just toss another axle under a truck/trailer to haul more weight. Our bridge laws are different than other states. Most companies keep normal tandem axle trailers for out of state runs instead of pulling off axles or pulling permits.

OBS F350

Reaction score
Yep, in MI we do things a little different than the other 49. We just toss another axle under a truck/trailer to haul more weight. Our bridge laws are different than other states. Most companies keep normal tandem axle trailers for out of state runs instead of pulling off axles or pulling permits.

Company I work for leased a bunch of bulk trailers from Carry because manufacturers can't keep up with our orders, and we are getting tons of new business. Don't know what that has to do with anything but that trailer looks crazy with that many axles LOL. How much weight are them guys pulling? We are using 11 to haul 140-200k bride beams/propane tanks etc.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
You hit a terminal point where you don't have enough length to add another axle without adding more weight than the trailer can handle.

Example: You add 3 feet to that tanker so you have room to mount another pusher axle but in doing so you have increased the capacity of the tanker beyond what the additional pusher axle will allow you to haul. Clear as mud?

Thats why you see end dumps up there with 5' of clean frame between the 5th wheel and the dump body. VA has similar problems with their laws for dump trucks.

Just some useless info for your noggins.

Also, I might add that it is 100% safe to do that. Axle capacity has little to do with it, its all about braking power. You put enough axle under it and you can stop anything.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Company I work for leased a bunch of bulk trailers from Carry because manufacturers can't keep up with our orders, and we are getting tons of new business. Don't know what that has to do with anything but that trailer looks crazy with that many axles LOL. How much weight are them guys pulling? We are using 11 to haul 140-200k bride beams/propane tanks etc.

Usually any single trailer with 8 axles can legally gross 154k on any major highway in the state.

B.Warning

Reaction score
Here's my new to me low boy truck. 88 international 9370, 3406b cat, 9spd, 4:10 gear, wet kit, 24.5's, 210"wb, I'm going to add super singles to the front, and a headache rack. It should work out good for my needs.

img20130209122623995.jpg

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Here's my new to me low boy truck. 88 international 9370, 3406b cat, 9spd, 4:10 gear, wet kit, 24.5's, 210"wb, I'm going to add super singles to the front, and a headache rack. It should work out good for my needs.

img20130209122623995.jpg

Straight pipe and polish the fuel tank. Good lookin' truck there

Where you at in NE Missouri, we hunt just north of Kahoka

B.Warning

Reaction score
Straight pipe and polish the fuel tank. Good lookin' truck there

Where you at in NE Missouri, we hunt just north of Kahoka

Yea its in the shop now getting a little polish work done. I'm not sure how I feel about a straight pipe, its nice being able to think in quiet at times.

Heading to kahoka you drive right past my place. I'm 25 miles north of Hannibal right off 61. So I'm sure you've seen my equipment or trucks.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yea its in the shop now getting a little polish work done. I'm not sure how I feel about a straight pipe, its nice being able to think in quiet at times.

Heading to kahoka you drive right past my place. I'm 25 miles north of Hannibal right off 61. So I'm sure you've seen my equipment or trucks.

Oh come on do some dual 8" straights LOL

Nice looking rig though, some duals would look really nice on there, and I'm like you, I kinda like to have a muffler on our rigs. Maybe lose the pin striping on the hood

6point0damn2004

Reaction score

Haha, probably have then. Next time I head up that way ill have to keep my eyes peeled. I was just up there this weekend, i bet ive seen your stuff haha. I like it up that way, its nice up there.

B.Warning

Reaction score
Oh come on do some dual 8" straights LOL

Nice looking rig though, some duals would look really nice on there, and I'm like you, I kinda like to have a muffler on our rigs. Maybe lose the pin striping on the hood

Only thing with the pin stripe is I'm worried I may take paint with it to remove it. Dual stacks have crossed my mind, lets face it....is cool as hell. I may end up playing with this thing, but some things are best left alone. LOL

B.Warning

Reaction score
Haha, probably have then. Next time I head up that way ill have to keep my eyes peeled. I was just up there this weekend, i bet ive seen your stuff haha. I like it up that way, its nice up there.

Are you blind? There isn't sh!t up This direction. But I'm fine with that. I hate crowded places! Let me know next time your heading this way.

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Are you blind? There isn't sh!t up This direction. But I'm fine with that. I hate crowded places! Let me know next time your heading this way.

Yea, exactly why I like it hahaha LOL don't get me wrong, where i live everything is convenient as hell being so close. But, i like wide open spaces and peace and quiet

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
My newest addition

2012 Pete 389 tri-drive, 36" bunk, MX 485, 18 speed. It is still under construction, I am currently installing an aluminum gravel box. It will be pulling the trailer pictured.

I've seen a truck similar to that on youtube with a 3412 cat under the hood.

vcassens

Reaction score

I just drove right past your place then LOL I went up to Farmington,IA on 61 a couple of weeks ago LOL

B.Warning

Reaction score
The one that drives a Tahoe? If that's the one your thinking of...he's a ***in idiot. Its my wifes cousin and most of the time I'd like to toss his chubby a$$ off in a hole I'm working around.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.