HID/LED Comparison

superstroked

Reaction score
The color rendering factor makes a pretty big difference for some folks, that is the other advantage to the lower color temperature other than the little boost in usable light output.
Things are easier recognized at night now comparatively?

Yes, there is a lot better night time recognition. I may be tempted to try an even lower color temp the next go round.

retrosolutions

Reaction score
Yes, there is a lot better night time recognition. I may be tempted to try an even lower color temp the next go round.

You can only go lower to 4300K there though, and then it starts working against you again because of color. There is honestly not the much difference between 4300k and 5000k though to make it worth it for replacement bulbs. Now if you were getting the kit for the first time and it came down to it, then the little bit of difference would be worth it.

NEVRNF

Reaction score

I did the 4300k and would not go any higher. They are WHITE no blue tint at all. I hate the blue look and besides it is a loss of light and definition. For anyone interested, here is some good reading on Blue lights. Daniel Stern Lighting

3brorce

Reaction score
Yes. Retro has bulbs for just about anything.... Figure out what bulbs you've got for what you would want LED and give them a shout!

All you need now is some LED mini 194s for the cab and mirror lights. Be a sweet looking Christmas tree then. Thats what I am about to order up

retrosolutions

Reaction score
All you need now is some LED mini 194s for the cab and mirror lights. Be a sweet looking Christmas tree then. Thats what I am about to order up

194 and others are the same as T10 bulbs listed on our site, thanks for looking!