HID/LED Comparison

retrosolutions

Reaction score
Wow the pics are crazy.... i wouldnt mind doing this in order to switch what all will i need new headlights, wiring, bulbs and such? Or will my stock lights work with new bulbs?

Which lights are you referring to there please? Seems like the head lamps.... but wanted to be sure!

Price me the 921 bulbs

Price me a led brake and running light if there is one

Thanks

Sure, sent you a PM!

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
Holly crap
Iv had USPS stuff shipped and it took forever and sucked
These bulbs were on my door step Friday evening super fast no BS
I installed them tonight.
I'm impressed I didn't know they could be so bright
*** YEA

He'll you could blind some body tailgating at a stop light if you d want LOL

Thanks
Retro solutions I'm a happy customer

retrosolutions

Reaction score
Holly crap
Iv had USPS stuff shipped and it took forever and sucked
These bulbs were on my door step Friday evening super fast no BS
I installed them tonight.
I'm impressed I didn't know they could be so bright
*** YEA

He'll you could blind some body tailgating at a stop light if you d want LOL

Thanks
Retro solutions I'm a happy customer

Glad to hear it! Thank you again for the order!

retrosolutions

Reaction score
PM me a price on what JD has in his truck, that's an impressive difference!

Not 100% sure what he has for bulb color on the HIDs, maybe he'll chime in to assist there.
Are you looking to do the HID heads and fogs? And the LEDs interior/exterior as well or just those? He's got a lot done there, so sorry to ask for a little clarification in what you want to do specifically!

jdgleason

Reaction score
PM me a price on what JD has in his truck, that's an impressive difference!

Not 100% sure what he has for bulb color on the HIDs, maybe he'll chime in to assist there.
Are you looking to do the HID heads and fogs? And the LEDs interior/exterior as well or just those? He's got a lot done there, so sorry to ask for a little clarification in what you want to do specifically!

Hey guys! I have 55w 6000K in the heads and fogs. Wouldn't go any other way! I've got 921 floods in my cargo lamps, and 921 with the lens in my reverse. Then I have the license plate bulbs and interiors as well lol.

retrosolutions

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have 55w 6000K in the heads and fogs. Wouldn't go any other way! I've got 921 floods in my cargo lamps, and 921 with the lens in my reverse. Then I have the license plate bulbs and interiors as well lol.

Thanks for chiming in JD!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I wish I had pics of my dads truck with me. He has LED in the stock reverse housings and HID in small fog light housings under the rear bumper that come on when put in reverse. You can SEE. And I'm pretty sure every other light on the truck is LED. He even has LED in the door handles, the man loves some light lol

retrosolutions

Reaction score
I had hids in my stock fogs but it interfered with my abs.

That can happen if you mount right to or directly near the ABS control unit on many vehicles. The type of ballast used and installation setup can also play a role in that too.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
The fogs are ddm slim ballast. They were mounted behind the license plate. I added a second set of fog lights that are lower and the ballast were moved to being behind the new fog lights. No issues there now.

The head lights are ddm raptors and one of those ballast is directly sitting ontop of the abs deal and never caused an issue.

superstroked

Reaction score
I changed over from 6000k to 5000K bulbs in my setup and I am much happier with the coloring at night...I also put some LEDs in the reverse lights

IMAG0243.png

These show the color difference

IMAG0241.png

IMAG0239.png

retrosolutions

Reaction score
I changed over from 6000k to 5000K bulbs in my setup and I am much happier with the coloring at night...I also put some LEDs in the reverse lights

These show the color difference

The color rendering factor makes a pretty big difference for some folks, that is the other advantage to the lower color temperature other than the little boost in usable light output.
Things are easier recognized at night now comparatively?