HID lights

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I know its probably been covered umpteen million times. But My driverside headlight burnt out. So does retro still have the best kits to get? And what temp for offroad? Anyone have pics of 5000k or 6000k? Also 55w or 35w for the fogs?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Both my trucks have retro solutions.

5k 55w is the purest white I'm pretty sure , that's what I have.

3brorce

Reaction score
I have a set and a couple buddies have DDMs. Heard good and bad. Have yet to install mine waiting til after winter.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
No problems out of my HID kit. Retro Solutions was great to deal with also. Ricky at Darkhorse Diesel Performance has an ASM kit on his truck and the light quality is great. He's had good luck out of those as well.

pog

Reaction score
from my experience all the kits ebay or retros are the same. retro has a nice fancy case but other than that i havent noticed a difference other than price. life time warranty isnt an issue for me as shipping defective products kills me so its cheaper to replace with another ebay kit. ive had issues with my retro kits and ebay kits. just make sure you get relay kits for headlights and fogs to make sure you have full power to the ballasts.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
from my experience all the kits ebay or retros are the same. retro has a nice fancy case but other than that i havent noticed a difference other than price. life time warranty isnt an issue for me as shipping defective products kills me so its cheaper to replace with another ebay kit. ive had issues with my retro kits and ebay kits. just make sure you get relay kits for headlights and fogs to make sure you have full power to the ballasts.

But eBay doesnt support this site. So if both options are the same , support those that support us.

Sidenote - what relay are you using ?

pog

Reaction score
But eBay doesnt support this site. So if both options are the same , support those that support us.

Sidenote - what relay are you using ?

i forgot to post the price is what decides it for me. since im up north of you guys shipping is what hurts me. im all for supporting the site when i can.

well the one on my truck headlights came with the retro kit since i got the bixeon kit. and i just bought a cheap hid relay kit from ebay for my fogs and other cars. ever since i encountered flickering on my fogs with the 35w kit i just use a relay kit anytime i install hids.

Latest posts

Members online