High deltas after stud job

Ljones7

Reaction score
Last week I had a stud/ delete job done with all new fluids and a new oil cooler. Before the oil cooler was pulled we did a complete flush of the ford gold and added fleet guard elc. I also have a coolant filter that was put on after the flush. About 50-100 miles later my deltas are sitting at about 14 degrees apart on the highway on cruise control, and oil temp is getting up to around 220+. I am running the sct canned performance tune for time time being until my tunes from gear head come in. Has anyone had this type of reaction from a brand new oil cooler with fresh fluids? Thanks guys!

Fordguy100

Reaction score
Your mistake was doing a flush right before replacing the oil cooler. When you do a flush it always kicks up crap that will clog the cooler (even if you drain and flush, etc, after all that and buttoned up there is still a ton of stuff loose in there). Thats why most say do a flush and drive at least a few hundred miles on the old oil cooler, so it acts as a trap and traps all that debris.

It sucks, but it sounds like you will need to do an oil cooler again in the future.

Ljones7

Reaction score
Well I should have mentioned that the flush was actually done a couple of weeks before the oil cooler was replaced. Besides that I believe the only thing the shop did was drain and refill the coolant when they lifted the cab. Is there anything I should do to ensure that this won't happen again? And with the truck being deleted, how bad are these numbers? Thanks again!
-Logan

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Okay. As of late there are a few people that have taken the EGR delete in a different route and some of them have proven to have a bit higher deltas than others.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Just found out the delete is by river city diesel... Would that have anything to do with it?

Probably not but we have kits that will lower your deltas for sure.

Absolute performances delta line kit is on the shelf ready to ship and it will effectively make your truck run as cool as possible. Guessing by your numbers now it will be 6-8* deltas.

Latest posts

Members online