High Egt s

fulton327

Reaction score
I have a 05 350 with a 6.0 and Im having a high egt problem. I just put a new turbo in it I had buit by Turbo engineering corp. Its pretty much the same thing as a powermax ssx turbo. I have a bunch of other mods head studs, Airdog 2 set to 60-62 psi, Fuel cross over, Stage 1 fuel feed, Aem brute force intake,Cfm large mouth intake and all 3.5 tubing going to and from the intercooler. Innovative tuned ficm and Im running the xtreme street tune by them also. But still running stock injectors. When i had the stock turbo in the egts where not to bad cruise was 500-600 deg at 65mph now im 600-700 at 65mph. Now at part throttle around 12-14 psi im already hitting 1100-1200 deg and my snow system (50/50 mix) has to kick in to get the egts back down. I cant even go full throttle with it right now I feel like it would probably melt down my turbo if i tried. With my stock one I could go wot and my egts with the snow system running would stay under 1300deg. Im at a loss. Im not blowing black smoke its actually pretty smoke free. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions ?

fulton327

Reaction score
No my mpg s still appear to be the same. I havent been able to drive it alot to check to see if it has changed much. The instant mpg avg (liar) on the dash shows the same pre and post turbo change. Ect are normal and eot are normal also they are actually a lil lower then normal beacuse I run a aux cooler in addition to the valley cooler.

fulton327

Reaction score
I did just get a new symptom.... It was a lil cold this morning and when I started the truck it smoked and burned oil till it warmed up then stopped. I know the smoke was caused by this new turbo because I start it the same time everyday and it never smoked till I put this new turbo on so im starting to think its a seal or bearing problem with the turbo that TEC built me.

fulton327

Reaction score
If its of any help to anyone its this is the spec of the turbo built. ( 64.7mm inducer/88mm exducer Compressor Wheel and flows 60lb/min at a 2.5 pressure ratio. Also, has a efficiency of 72%)

Mdub707

Reaction score
I did just get a new symptom.... It was a lil cold this morning and when I started the truck it smoked and burned oil till it warmed up then stopped. I know the smoke was caused by this new turbo because I start it the same time everyday and it never smoked till I put this new turbo on so im starting to think its a seal or bearing problem with the turbo that TEC built me.

Why do you think it was oil? Cause it was pumping out blue smoke? If it was a seal or some other issue I'd think it would be burning it ALL the time, not just on start up.

fulton327

Reaction score
It was a white/ blue smoke that def smelled of burning oil. They said a brand new turbo takes a lil bit of time to wear in/ break in so all the bearing and seals seat properly. But the kind of smoke I had today and yesterday is def not a lil seep from or break in oil smoke. I also always make sure to let my truck cool down to below 300 deg before shut down so prevent oil coking or oil burning inside the turbo

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
As far as I know they didnt use a 03 style turbine wheel on the hot side. It should be the same 10 blade wheel that was used on the 04 and above turbo.

10 blade was the 03 wheel they used in 2003 only. 04 on up was 12and 13 blade

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Why do you think it was oil? Cause it was pumping out blue smoke? If it was a seal or some other issue I'd think it would be burning it ALL the time, not just on start up.

Before my stocker went out, it would white smoke(oil) until it got up to temp. I guess when it got hot enough it would burn it all off and not smoke. Couple of weeks later... BOOM.

fulton327

Reaction score
I talked to the tech rep for the company that built the turbo and they said it was because of the increased turbo pressure/ volume was causing my ccv system to force more that normal amounts of oil into the intake system which is what was causing the smoke and that I would need to run a ccv canister now to filter out the excess oil from the system..... I know plenty of people running powermax s and various other types of aftermarket turbos and none of them have this type of problem. All i could say to the guy was uuuummm ok.....

mgeistman

Reaction score
the seals could easly be leaking while at a set still, then swell up as heat is added and not leak if not installed correct. prolly wont leak much because theres not much oil capacity in the turbo

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.