High Egt s

fulton327

Reaction score
So I asked the tech rep and he said that my turbo does not have the 10 turbine wheels in it. As some one else said its a 12 or 13. They also said its not the seals leaking its a ccv problem and that I will need to run a canister type filter because the added pressure and volume off this turbo is causing excessive amounts of oil to be pushed into the intake system causing all the smoke. As for the high egts he said it was normal for at cruise or lower boost levels to have higher egts than with the stock turbo. At above 20 psi is when i would start seeing lower egts and better airflow. " Its just a sacrafice you make when you go with a bigger turbo and want to push 40 + psi of boost your bottom end power and egts suffer because of it unless you want to do twin turbos " So i guess this is what I must live with from now on...

fulton327

Reaction score
Turbo egt issues resolved. When installed the shop screwed up my vgt actuator wiring causing an intermittent short to ground. Also the didn't tighten any of the clamps for my air intake causing the turbo to pull air from the intake system before the maf sensor so the engine didn't know how much air it was flowing and there was a small leak on the New up pipe they installed. Egts are lower not stock turbo low but def closer to normal.

EnterKO

Reaction score
Just to clarify their wasn't a 12 blade turbo offered in 6.0's. Only 10 and 13.

Glad you got it fixed!

EnterKO

Reaction score
Some 04 year model trucks have 10 also.

There was actually a lot of changes between 03-07 not just the turbine wheel.

How do you like the new turbo power wise now that it's fixed?

fulton327

Reaction score
Changes in the sizes of the wheels and a/r s ? I'm not new to turbos or diesels just new to the 6.0 turbo , its inner parts and workings so please feel free to educate me a lil more so hopefully I can pass it on to other guys like myself. I am loving it now. For its size it spools up super quick makes tons of boost. I had it to almost 40 psi a couple times and all I can say is wow. I had to let off the throttle cuz I'm afraid my stock tranny will explode. I'd highly recommend this turbo to anyone. I can't wait to put some 190 cc injectors in it and see what it can do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.