High Idle and Exhaust sensors ????

AllanB

Reaction score
I have read on some threads that if you don't have the bungs in your exhaust that there is a way to plug the sensors into the harness or something like that. Anyone have any more info on this. Just for the record, I did order the exhaust with the bungs but it is a long story how I ended up without them. I have been under the truck but haven't seen any way to plug the sensors into anything?

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
I think with some tunes you dont. But with IDP you do I know for a fact. When switch from my 4" ro 5" exhaust I messed the threads up pretty good. I left it unplugged(brainfart), plug the pung with a bolt and started it and it idled at like 1200. Sounded pretty sweet in a garage haha. Plugged it in and zip tied it up out of the way, fired up just fine. I dont know if i'd leave all of them out though. Its nice knowing EGTs.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Sorry to answer your question, you plug it into the harness thats already there that you have to UNplug it from to get the sensors out.

AllanB

Reaction score
I will try to get some pics tomorrow. I have the sensors that went into my exhaust, when I unscrew them all I have is the sensor with a threaded nipple around it. I see nothing for this to plug into. Sorry to be a PITA guys I am just not understanding what I am supposed to be plugging this into.
Smokyred, I know you have tried to explain this before. Thanks man, I guess I will understand this sooner or later.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
You do realize your only plugging in the electrical plug. The actual sensor that is threaded just zip tie it out of the way. Get it now? The sensor isn't "plugged"(threaded) into anything, it just has to be plugged in electrical wise for the truck to run right

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Smokyred

Reaction score
I will try to get some pics tomorrow. I have the sensors that went into my exhaust, when I unscrew them all I have is the sensor with a threaded nipple around it. I see nothing for this to plug into. Sorry to be a PITA guys I am just not understanding what I am supposed to be plugging this into.
Smokyred, I know you have tried to explain this before. Thanks man, I guess I will understand this sooner or later.

NP man, if you need better clarification shoot me your number and I'll give you a call, that's a lot easier than trying to type from my phone.

But yes, you're just plugging the electrical portion of the sensor back in. The threaded portion that screwed into the exhaust gets tied out of the way.

Dave

AllanB

Reaction score
Aight guys, here are 3 of the sensors that I unplugged. The part of the plug that is left on the truck, I don't see any way to plug them into each other or anything else. Smokyred I am getting some work done on my truck at the moment. If we can't get it this round, after the pic I will give you a call, it might be a couple of weeks though. I can't thank you enough for the help. I hate this truck with this high idle.
20120630_150356.jpg

Last edited:

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Ok you see the sensors on the left. Towards the top of the picture that's the electrical plug. You HAD to unplug those from a harness that's under the truck. Find that harness and plug them back in. They won't go back.into the exhaust. They just need to be hooked up electrically

AllanB

Reaction score
No wonder I wasn't understanding what y'all were saying. That is the way I had them. J just removed ed the sensors from the exhaust (never unplugged them electrically) and used tie wraps to tie them back. Truck is still over 1000rpms at idle.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Here I went a got a crappy pic of the sensor I dont have plugged in. Its the last sensor in the exhaust. The harness runs across the bed so its almost impossible to miss. Look between the exhaust and the drive shaft you'll see it. The only thing I'm thinking is if u didn't do the exhaust and whoever did tucked the connectors above the frame. But once u find this plug(easiest to find) follow the harness back towards the front of truck and you'll find the plugs. Exhaust is on left, drive shaft on right just look up between them.
aefc541b-6eb6-b1f1.jpg

its right behind the second exhaust hanger closest to rear.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.