High Mileage

Baker42

Reaction score
Talk with Jake at Irate diesel. For about 2000 you can get a t4 mount and a s366 with bellowed up pipes and stainless intercooler pipes. The 366 can make good power assuming your not going with a 300/200 injector, if so put in a 476

Reaction score
Alright well if I go with a bigger turbo with stock injectors will it hurt my truck. I will upgrade in the future just not right now. I want better airflow and fast spool ups then stock just not something that's gonna break the wallet also!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason

Reaction score
I don't know why you keep pushing the 38r on the guy, it's not a drop in turbo for his application unless he converts over to super duty top end parts.

Yes, in a super duty where it's a drop in and go scenario it's a great option for a stock-mildly modified 450-500 rw street truck/tow pig, but in an obs application, there are several, much better suited options for his goals.

superpsd

Reaction score
Almost 300k on my 7.3 treats me well and I try to treat it well. I used only motorcraft parts for replacement parts and filters. I started to hop the truck up. It had a full exhaust when I bought it. Then came the chip and now a supercharger. Just keep a spare CPS in the glove box. Do some reading about the heui system and how it all works. I would just start with a chip best bang for your buck. A chip can really wake up the engine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jason what do you recommend besides the 38r. My truck is a daily driver and tows trailers often. I just need alittle more then stock right now. As far as injectors go I probably will go with stage 2 injectors. Will that be alright??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I just thought he wanted a good turbo for stock application . Which the 38r is good at .Its a good turbo if your never going to upgrade your injectors. I know the flange is different, but it's a great reliable turbo. I've had mine for 5 years. Yea there's other ones you can get like the t4 set up, and they make tons of turbos for that. Like the gtx4294r turbo, ats turbos, 6674 turbo ( which is a s300 frame with a 66mm compressor wheel)

Jason

Reaction score
A good turbo if you're never going to upgrade injectors? You really are an idiot, and need to stick to making trips to tsd to have them hold your hand through the mod process. Lord knows you can't do it on your own without spouting horrible advice.

sootie

Reaction score
I just thought he wanted a good turbo for stock application . Which the 38r is good at .Its a good turbo if your never going to upgrade your injectors. I know the flange is different, but it's a great reliable turbo. I've had mine for 5 years. Yea there's other ones you can get like the t4 set up, and they make tons of turbos for that. Like the gtx4294r turbo, ats turbos, 6674 turbo ( which is a s300 frame with a 66mm compressor wheel)

stop talking.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
What are you talking holding my hand through the mod process? They don't help or tell me anything I know them there and my friends . I've known them for 7 or so years.

I said its good if you decide to stay stock or go bigger injectors. Mine is stock and runs fine. I said stay stock, because if I'm not wrong he said "he's staying stock". He wasn't doing injectors. If you end up not getting injectors, it's still a great turbo.

Last edited:

bruce

Reaction score
To the op. 1) figure out a budget, 2) figure out a hp goal, 3) forget everything whitezotti has said. If you want to run "stage 2" then you're gonna need to start with e-fuel and an intercooler. The 175/80 and pius basb is a pretty popular combo right now but a s366 is a nice option as well as a modded h2e. I'd like to see how some 175/80's with a s364.5fmw would perform, prolly be sweet. The 38r is a nice turbo but after you source the parts to run it you'd prolly be money ahead to just go the t4/t4i route

Reaction score
Ya I'm probably gonna do efuel before i start doing injectors and turbo. Just need to know what would be the best combo to run without breaking the bank. I wanna try to get 350-400 hp out of my truck if that's possible with stage 1's.

Sent from my iPhone

bruce

Reaction score
if your hp goal is 350-400 then you could prolly get away with a stock turbo with a ww2 and a 1.0 exhaust housing with a set of 160/30's