Hissing from drivers side.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Lol yeah maybe not. I didn't think it would make to much boost. I don't have a boost gauge. Anyone know how many turns out from turned in all the way would be safe?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Lol yeah maybe not. I didn't think it would make to much boost. I don't have a boost gauge. Anyone know how many turns out from turned in all the way would be safe?

leave it where it is.. stocke gate is set around 23-25 psi.. just pull the red line off on the wg actuator and cap it.. it will open on spring pressure instead of boost and set you near 28-30 psi.. or more.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Appreciate the advice everyone. I'll update as soon as I get the time to do this.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
I'm never get the time! 2 70+hr weeks in a row. Probably my life until Christmas lol

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Alternator died today and there's now a harsh rattling noise at idle. Don't think they are connected but just an update.
I'm throwing in the towel and taking it to a shop in the morning. I think the alternator may be under warranty. Ill update with any findings.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
never even thought you could run it without the belt on.... guess it would be fine for a couple minutes.... sumthin' new.
Thanks

Arisley

Reaction score
Yep, don't run it down the road, you will overheat quick with no water pump. However, for troubleshooting purposes, a minute or two is fine.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1462150048987.jpguploadfromtaptalk1462150057563.jpg

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
******d my ebpv and found that my intake manifold was broken. The piece was still in the clamp though thank God (literally).

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Also found fuel in the valley. I guess i need to find out what size fuel line you can cut to replace the seals in the hard lines.

Arisley

Reaction score
Either 5/16 or 1/4, you should have a few feet of each on hand in your shop anyways. Pick the one that a thin slice is hard to get over the fuel line with some slobber on it.

If the fuel line is rubbed through where it goes through that clamp under the GPR, you can get a compression line fitting at Home Depot (1/4") and it will fit perfectly.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Good to know. Appreciate it.
Guessing clean everything and dry it off then let it run to find the wet spot to locate the leak? Or is soapy water or just watching better?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Good to know. Appreciate it.
Guessing clean everything and dry it off then let it run to find the wet spot to locate the leak? Or is soapy water or just watching better?

clean is always better

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Tried taking it in to get worked on but that didn't work out. Seems like the noise is my flex plate? Gonna pick one up and drop the transmission. Leaving for that right now.... any tips or torque specs are always appreciated. I'm sure I can find them if I look when I get to the point I actually need them though. Hope this is flipping it! Tired of spending all of my spare time working on it.

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Haven't gotten it out yet but it's definitely the flex plate. Both drive shafts are off, both cooler lines off, bellhousing bolts, torque converter nuts, I have to get the cross member and the 4x4 shifter and the cable from the gear selector... don't think I'm missing anything.... Right?

joe d

Reaction score
I think a friend of yours told you it was the flex plate.. At least thought we were friends lol

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Tried taking it in to get worked on but that didn't work out. Joe D. Says it seems like the noise is my flex plate? Gonna pick one up and drop the transmission. Leaving for that right now.... any tips or torque specs are always appreciated. I'm sure I can find them if I look when I get to the point I actually need them though. Hope this is flipping it! Tired of spending all of my spare time working on it.

Members online

No members online now.