Holy crap... Cheap wheel bearing Assm...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Don't do it. I got a couple off eBay a while back. And they went out 6 months later.

I could by 4 of these for the cost of one standard brand...

They have a 1 year warranty... There not hard to change. I might get one just to see.

bluedge8

Reaction score
also think about your safety, I just replaced a 2yr old bearing on the front of my daughters taurus that came from oreilly,,,, the hub fell off of the bearing assy before I got it out of the hub and had more than 1/2" of play. I could have easily lost the wheel while on the road. And this was for a taurus, not a truck.

Reaction score
Cheap Chinese junk.... Don't think I could bring myself to try that on my truck or anyone elses just from a safety standpoint as mentioned before.. Good luck if you do try them though.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
LOL... Some of you kill me. 95% of your stuff comes from China. Hell your trucks are about half built in Mexico...

Good lord.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
lol.. let us know how it goes with the thousands of pounds you tow

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
meaning as in tons of weight hard to stop if an issue was ever to arise

Rodslinger

Reaction score
I will bet that it is the same part Autozone sells. The only difference between aftermarket parts these days is what 7year old Chinese kid put the sticker on it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352433865.290334.jpg
Factory parts from Ford included.

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
Autozone also sells Timkin bearings for $182 and has a 3 year waranty, just remember they tend to go out at 2 years 11 months. BTW here is a Autozone coupon for 20% off on you whole transaction besides oil, coolant, and special order parts good for the 13th -15th of this month. I'll post this coupon in another thread for everyone to see.
8168642413_4b4fe1a8cf_b.jpg

IMG by greasyfingers227, on Flickr

Last edited:

raptor

Reaction score
bought the same one got 1 year 3 months and it went to **** save your money and buy better quality and then you wont have to do it all over again in a year

NEVRNF

Reaction score
I ran something similar for 3 years on my E with a 11' 1250# plow on it and never had a issue. When i did ball joints on that truck i bought the 4 for $125 ball joints from E bay. 5 years and 75k miles and they were still as tight as the day i installed them. Spend your money as you see fit. Even the overpriced Ford ones fail prematurely.

Zmann

Reaction score
has anyone ever seen the cutaway unit bearings at a Ford dealer ?

there is a reason Timkens last longer

I am on my OEM unit bearings 85k miles running an 8 inch lift and big tires

U can lube them and I bet that helps

Latest posts

Members online