Hoods

LMPirate

Reaction score
Anybody have the Cervinis hood. Thinking about getting one, kinda like the ram air hood. Just wondering love them hate them,are there any other companies that make something like that I should look at. Thanks for the input

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
They have been in business for many years,a lot of companies stay open for a few years then close .They don't need to be on any forum either ,to push their products .I've seen those hoods in person ,very nice quality .They are out of NJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yup. Very nice. Good quality too. I know a guy who's done around 20 cervini hoods last we talked and he hasn't had an issue with one yet. Everything from mustangs to trucks. Here's 2 that he's done. Both were nice right out of the boxes. Gel coat was super smooth and all he had to do was scuff and paint. These are just pics of the hoods on the trucks that he has painted that owners have sent him. He just did the hoods as asked.
dfcc5c98b7967a0fa1e32ebb472485d4.jpg
87e750d225ac703c556e2bb3a0cf10dd.jpg

One thing I don't like about them is that everything with the ram air scoop is straight, if the hood itself is curved, the Rams are still straight as an arrow across the top and front with that same peak right up the middle. Doesn't follow the OE hood style with that peak like that. Just looks like they make a mold with that same squared scoop, then put an OE hood on top of it and mold more. There's no curvature or anything to them which kinda sucks in the design aspect, but the product itself as far as quality is good every time. Just same same exact ram scoop on every hood from a mustang to a superduty.

Last edited:

LMPirate

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic's. That's a good point about them being flat guess I didn't really notice that. Have you seen any with the cowl hood on them. How does that look?

dsberman94

Reaction score
I know a few members have a cervini cowl. I might have a stock pic of a cowl from their website but that's it. I was gonna say to check out reflexxion automotive's hoods, but they don't have 11+ models yet. Which sucks because theirs look pretty awesome, and they're steel so the paint matches better than the fiberglass.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
I don't remember who's truck this is but the hood looks pretty sweet for a ram air. Never seen another one except for this pic. Don't know the brand either.
352b448a13fa0c1228f6cf48a423f8f2.jpg

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I don't remember who's truck this is but the hood looks pretty sweet for a ram air. Never seen another one except for this pic. Don't know the brand either.
352b448a13fa0c1228f6cf48a423f8f2.jpg

Like like a Suncoast hood. I had one on my 04 for a short while.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I wish they would make a new Heat Extractor for this body style...it would go really well with the shape of the stock hood.

LMPirate

Reaction score
Ram air would put more cooler air in than the cowl I would imagine. So ram air would probably make more sense. Damn it I like them both

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive got the cervinis cowl hood on my 6.0. I love it, gives it that little something different from the rest of the trucks. But the cwl does really nothing except allow the hot to vent out. Their ram air hoods can be purchased with an air box that will allow it to work, at least for the 6.0 and i believe the 6.4. Not sure on the 6.7.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the ram air is open through and through the whole scoop. Cool air in the front and hot air out the back, so it's good at that at least. There was an issue on that gray 6.4 of fuel gelling in the filter when it was -10 a couple years ago. Windchill on the highway at 65 was gelling fuel instantly. Plus the thoughts of all that salt spray right into the motor wasn't helping me agree with that idea. Also the 6.4 had the windshield squirters on the hood from the factory, cervini sends metal squirters that go under the hood, good way to keep the looks but they didn't spread when they sprayed, it was more or less just 2 jets of fluid. And the wiper blades hit the back of the scoop and chipped the paint when you tried to clear snow out from under them. 2 problems on the 6.4 ram airs that were found. Might be the same on the 6.7s.

Last edited:

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
I got the cervani cowl. Had a little issue getting one from them last year. Love it tho and good quality.

Attachments

• IMG_20151225_161824.jpg
    IMG_20151225_161824.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 229

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
God damn looks even better on a 6.7 than a 6.0. That is a good lookin truck man. :thumbup:

Bluke

Reaction score
I've had a cervinis hood on my truck for 13 years. The hood has held up great. No cracks. The paint has not.

7.3obs

Reaction score
Not a new truck but I have a cervani hood on mine. It's old and with that being said its held up nicely. Kinda hard to tell how it'll look on a truck till its painted and on. I was up in the air about it but glad I put one on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 181

LMPirate

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the ram air is open through and through the whole scoop. Cool air in the front and hot air out the back, so it's good at that at least. There was an issue on that gray 6.4 of fuel gelling in the filter when it was -10 a couple years ago. Windchill on the highway at 65 was gelling fuel instantly. Plus the thoughts of all that salt spray right into the motor wasn't helping me agree with that idea. Also the 6.4 had the windshield squirters on the hood from the factory, cervini sends metal squirters that go under the hood, good way to keep the looks but they didn't spread when they sprayed, it was more or less just 2 jets of fluid. And the wiper blades hit the back of the scoop and chipped the paint when you tried to clear snow out from under them. 2 problems on the 6.4 ram airs that were found. Might be the same on the 6.7s.
That's for the info, didn't think about the snow and salt in there. Don't drive it in the winter now but may in the future

Latest posts

Members online