Hooked the heap to a sled this weekend.

jcain

Reaction score
Finally hooked the truck to a sled. It's much more technical driving than one would think. I've got much to learn. This was a 2.6 pulling class. Unknown sled weight, but between 25,000-50000lbs I'd guess, that weight box hit hard.
224' was my final pull distance. No prep whatsoever to the truck, borrowed a buddy's hitch and guessing it was about 4-5" too tall and had it on a low tune ~550rwhp or so. 4lo, 3rd gear and limited it to 3300rpm.
Maybe I'll man up and let'r eat the next time. For a first hook, I'm content with it and driving the truck home was a plus.

https://youtu.be/9YhfKmw5LkQ

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
haha yeah... definitely more to it then just pushing the skinny pedal. My 1st hook this summer was a **** show. Lots to learn. Not bad though and driving it home was a plus.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
If you would like any tips just shoot me a PM. I always like to help the ford community when it comes to pulling lol.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Considering a competitive 2.6 truck makes about double your HP or more I'd say it took some guts to jump in there.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Looks like a Bauer Built sled. Need to get it rolling as fast as possible. And make sure your seat belt is tight cause you're gonna stop in a hurry.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Did the same thing a few weeks back and had a lot of fun for just a few seconds of working the truck.
Congrats on a nice pull, good that you had fun.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.