Horse knocked out my Mirror glass

7point3

Reaction score
Sorry if this is redundant, but I did do a search on here, and on line in general, and can't find it. Some tutorial with big pictures & not many words would be great, kind of like a DR Seuss book

This is a power mirror. How do you get the mirror glass back in?.... Nothing is broken, the little white studs came out with the mirror. wasn't sure how to get them in the little red boots. Didn't want to take the whole thing apart...seems so easy.... but wasn't..just pissed me off so I quit before it WAS broken.
Thanks

F350-6

Reaction score
The glass just pops back in place. I wasn't as lucky and my glass broke. The new glass came with instructions saying to heat up the holes before you press the glass back in.

Seems like the new glass was pretty reasonable. If yours is scratched up, it may be worth just replacing.

7point3

Reaction score
The glass just pops back in place. I wasn't as lucky and my glass broke. The new glass came with instructions saying to heat up the holes before you press the glass back in.

Seems like the new glass was pretty reasonable. If yours is scratched up, it may be worth just replacing.

It is a power mirror, and I am not sure about those white studs. They came out of the red rubber boots, so I want to make sure I dont mess up a motor or something

Thanks

F350-6

Reaction score
Mine are power mirrors too. Post a picture of what you've got and I'll remember. It's been a few years since mine broke.

7point3

Reaction score
Mine are power mirrors too. Post a picture of what you've got and I'll remember. It's been a few years since mine broke.

Thanks. I got it back in. Adjusted the drivers side all way out and looked in there, to see that the white studs actually go inside the tiny hole in those red cervo motor boots. Took some doing but when I got them in the mirror did just press on

Latest posts

Members online