Horsepower recipes with 38r

rascal

Reaction score
Haha, yeah I know the feeling. I ran 300-100's on the 38r with srp1.1, RR fuel, and everything possible to put on and around it performance wise. Lol the only thing stock was the bottom end. Lasted 5k miles. Then the rods chopped the block in half. And yes they were forged. Truck made 450 something and around 1300 tq. Their numbers were off because they kept loading it weird. They kept pulling the Hp reading way too high in the rpm range. Either way it pulled good. Made a lot of commonrail owners very unhappy.

Wouldn't recommend it for a daily driver. Way too big of injectors for that turbo. But it was built for specific class sled pulling. Did some sweet 4k rpm burnouts though, lol. And even though it was a 6sp cc dually I mustered a 9.1 in the eighth with a 2 second 60 ft.

Turns into this

evady2eq.jpg

Wow, I defintely don't want that! I am going to do a 238/80 injector max. That is/was a nice looking truck!

big_stroker

Reaction score
Awesome! This is exactly what I want to do with mine. Gonna have to wait for my injectors,studs,rods, & springs for a bit but I will eventually get there.

I must note this wasnt done with a 38r and hybrids alone... Also have a nice set of ported heads and supporting mods.

Good luck.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Was that in the hottest race tune or was that a dd tune?

That was in her hottest tune at the time. Could not get the TC to lock up properly. AC's should be pretty close to 370hp.

But numbers are what numbers are. Its plenty fast enough to move my wife and three kids around!

_MG_7197.jpg

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Its a good pic. Bet you've buried a few teenage boys with all of them being girls...
Excursion looks awesome too.
Anyone ever run stock AC injectors with something a little bigger air wise? Like an s366? Or would it not be worth it?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Its a good pic. Bet you've buried a few teenage boys with all of them being girls...
Excursion looks awesome too.
Anyone ever run stock AC injectors with something a little bigger air wise? Like an s366? Or would it not be worth it?

Those are NOT my daughters. They would all be slapped silly if they dressed like that.

My wife is in white, the others were just truck whores at a dyno event she went too.

Lots of people run AC's with an H2e, Gt40 and such...

cjfarm11

Reaction score
Best set-up i had with a 38R is the 1.15 housing and Full Force 160/100's. Towed well and spooled awesome. Great all around Set-up.

rascal

Reaction score
I must note this wasnt done with a 38r and hybrids alone... Also have a nice set of ported heads and supporting mods.

Good luck.

Yeah, I will have supporting mods taken care of. Not planing on porting the heads unless I end up needing a valve job. Guess that will eventually happen.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I ran 250/100 with gearhead tuning for 15k miles on pmrs. According to track time put it about 525-535hp ran 8.4s at 7800lbs. Now running 300/200s with gearhead tuning on forged rods and it is much stronger ran 8.2s but still fighting some shifting issues hopefully will run 7.9s when i get that fixed. Shooting for 600hp on fuel with the 38r. Thinking about spraying a small stage of gas and see how it will do as well

Last edited:

campbellflage

Reaction score
I ran 250/100 with gearhead tuning for 15k miles on pmrs. According to track time put it about 525-535hp ran 8.4s at 7800lbs. Now running 300/200s with gearhead tuning on forged rods and it is much stronger ran 8.2s but still fighting some shifting issues hopefully will run 7.9s when i get that fixed. Shooting for 600hp on fuel with the 38r. Thinking about spraying a small stage of gas and see how it will do as well

Didn't someone not too long ago make 662 with 250/200's and a 38r? I would think that you would make more than 600 if the 38r could push enough air.

Reaction score
Didn't someone not too long ago make 662 with 250/200's and a 38r? I would think that you would make more than 600 if the 38r could push enough air.

Not sure if it was that high but my truck defiantly pulls like a b@#$% its much faster than with the 250/100s and has plenty of fuel. Never comes close to cleaning up all the fuel. Im for sure lacking air now but that will be my next investment.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Not sure if it was that high but my truck defiantly pulls like a b@#$% its much faster than with the 250/100s and has plenty of fuel. Never comes close to cleaning up all the fuel. Im for sure lacking air now but that will be my next investment.

Your right I got the numbers wrong, Im pretty sure it was more like 560 something. Is this your daily driver or a track truck? Sounds BA!

always-strokin

Reaction score
Those are NOT my daughters. They would all be slapped silly if they dressed like that.

My wife is in white, the others were just truck whores at a dyno event she went too.

Lots of people run AC's with an H2e, Gt40 and such...

They aren't your daughters? And all this time I've reserved from saying what was really on my mind with that beautiful group:grouphug:

You run a 8.4 w/ 250's and a 38r?????

Your right I got the numbers wrong, Im pretty sure it was more like 560 something. Is this your daily driver or a track truck? Sounds BA!

You are thinking of lincoln locker w/ the new gen II ww I believe.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Jason Seay made 602 with 250/200s, 38r, and standard 1.00 wg housing. The 1.15 housing lost power with the stock 38r wheel and the ww2. The 38r(stock) and the 250/200s made 566 or so iirc.

Im not sure about the dyno #s but an increase of 40hp on the dyno.for a wheel swap is good.

always-strokin

Reaction score
I think its 1/8 mile

Yep I know... thats damn impressive still :D

Jason Seay made 602 with 250/200s, 38r, and standard 1.00 wg housing. The 1.15 housing lost power with the stock 38r wheel and the ww2. The 38r(stock) and the 250/200s made 566 or so iirc.

Im not sure about the dyno #s but an increase of 40hp on the dyno.for a wheel swap is good.

He LOST power w/ a 1.15??? Wonder why that is.

Reaction score

This is my daily driver/tow rig/farm truck/drag truck/pullin truck haha. I like to do it all and be competitive in all aspects of the game i just have to chose parts wisely. I do very well in my 2.5 pulling class and have several first place this year already:D

Latest posts

Members online