HOT!! 4r100

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
New cooler is on , 100* today and drove just as far as i had a couple of times before when i was testing the cooler/coolers and it got to 170* trans temp. Thought that was good. Real test will come tomorrow pulling the boat. Got the tranny to 275 last time i towed it . Wish me luck.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
100 today, and got to 170*. thats 70 over ambient. thats good, i wouldnt argue with that one bit. because i dont want to flip back through 13 pages, what did it used to get to, in similar driving?

Arisley

Reaction score
I was stuck in a gridlock getting out of downtown Fort Worth today. Took me 30 minutes to go 3 miles. Stuck in the center lane, no bailing out. By the time I got to the freeway, I was at 195º, within 5 miles at 70MPH, I was down to 175º. By the time I got off the freeway 13 miles away, I was down to 165º. No cooler in the radiator hurts in a gridlock. I have a 5 gallon bucket of tranny fluid, the minute is looks unpink, it is getting changed.

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
I was stuck in a gridlock getting out of downtown Fort Worth today. Took me 30 minutes to go 3 miles. Stuck in the center lane, no bailing out. By the time I got to the freeway, I was at 195º, within 5 miles at 70MPH, I was down to 175º. By the time I got off the freeway 13 miles away, I was down to 165º. No cooler in the radiator hurts in a gridlock. I have a 5 gallon bucket of tranny fluid, the minute is looks unpink, it is getting changed.

ill be thoroughly happy if I stay under 200 pulling the boat.. ill post it up tomorow what I get to . Yall have a good weekend .

Jake

Reaction score

That is one reason I have thought about an electric fan to help in traffic.

Big Bore

Reaction score

You are running the True Cool correct?

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
Never got over 178 ish pulling the boat running like 72-75 . And not pulling the boat , it doesnt get over 170 - 175 . It was 90- 95* out too . So I'm real happy with true cool. Still debating on getting the otw cooler for stop and go .

Tom S

Reaction score
I think you should do that for sure. Amazing what a "proper" cooler will do. Don't cheap out on your truck like Ford did on the early SD then had to backtrack.

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
There isn't anything on this truck that's cheap ... the only reason I tried the two coolers and the condenser is because I've heard others who have gotten away with it and it worked . I'm real happy with true cool and would recommed it to anyone . Even before buying the more expensive 6.0 cooler .

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i had a quick, unscheduled tree job pop up, hey i need this done now, and it was 3 o'clock in the afternoon, which gave me some quick play money, or i would have the tru-cool also.

so ya, like we said, the tru-cool is a very adequate cooler. it works for 95% of the ppl here. some ppl tow real heavy where they need the 6.0 cooler, but other than that, the tru-cool is a very good option.

Arisley

Reaction score
Yep, a radiator with an OTW cooler is on my list of things to do. The reason I have a true cool rather than a 6.0 is because when I was shopping for a cooler, I got a price on the true cool from another member that I could not turn down. He pretty much just told me here take it, you NEED this, pay me when you get the cash.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Well, I just got done installing my try-cool 4739, in series with the rad, and the factory aux cooler, and my temps dropped from 190-200* to pretty consistant 150* in 80* weather. I'm very happy with that, I'll pull my camper this weekend and see how it does. thanks for all of the advice.

Latest posts

Members online