how do I find out what injectors are in my truck? or if it has them?

dragn91

Reaction score
Bought a 99.5 6 speed f250 off craigslist a wile back I've been fixing the previous owners hacks on it. I was told it had 200 hp injectors but he didn't know the brand or anything. When I bought the truck it wouldn't run more than a couple minutes and didn't build boost. It's now has a new intake spider high flow fuel fitting bellowed uppipes a van turbo and 4 inch exhaust with a muffler. It also runs fine now the alternator wiring was butchered causing it to stall and kill batteries. It had a dp chip in it I sent it to them to get the tunes read hoping it would show what injectors are in it. The chip is burnt for stock injectors. I need to know what injectors are in it so I can get the chip tuned accordingly. The truck runs good but has a very choppy lopped idle with or without the chip installed. But clears up above idle, the trucks accelerator is real touchy like it's either 1/4 throttle or nothing but It runs real strong and is way faster than I expected a stockish 7.3 to be it also puts out a good amount of black smoke. Boosts up to 30 psi this is without the chip installed and I've never ran it besides the 1 setting which is the stock setting. I'm thinking it has bigger injectors in it but I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to this. Is it possible to get this truck tuned somewhere without pulling the injectors. If not where should I send one out to get tested? Or should I send all 8. Not looking to build a race truck just want a good running truck. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

dragn91

Reaction score
Where's a good place to send them in I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to pull them install new o rings stuff anyway

joe d

Reaction score
My personal choice rosewood diesel. He is a sponser here and a great guy to deal with. First class products and service.
Joe

superpsd

Reaction score
You could get it live tuned but its going to cost a bit. Or get some data logging and go back and forth with a tuner. As for not knowing what injectors you could pop a valve cover off and at least see what the solenoid code is but that will likely tell you nothing as you can put any solenoid from any code on the injectors. I think some builders serial stamp the side of the injector that will be exposed when you pull the valve cover with some luck you may be able to track them down. Are the injectors quiet or loud? single shot injectors which is most performance injectors will be louder than split shot injectors which your 99.5 would have came with. So you may have single shot injectors running on split shot tunes if the tunes are for a stock injector truck. If you don't know the difference go listen to an older obs and then a SD with stock injectors. Typically there is a huge difference in sound.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.