How do you guys Polish your American Force Wheels

Snake

Reaction score
Finally remembered to look in my cabinet to see what I use between trips to the truck stop, and have two products to recommend:

1. Blackfire Wet Diamond, Aluminum Show Polish
2. 75 Chrome Shop Metal Polish

They both work incredibly well, and the 75 Chrome Shop polish is what the truck stop uses when I'm able to make it in.

Layson

Reaction score
There is a wheel polishing machine just down the road from my house that my neighbor owns. I plan on hitting that up and seeing how it works :)

F350R

Reaction score
I use a Dewalt 849 polisher with Zephyr wheels and matching compound, mostly I use the white finishing wheel / compound. Its a little work but I think it comes out pretty good. I started painting the insides of the front wheels with Flexi Peel to keep the brake dust and crap from embedding into them. I pressure wash as much as will come off then a little paint remover to get the rest off, pretty much good to go. I forget whom mentioned it but a soft rag and some flour cleans them right up, learned that trick a long time ago. They get cleaned / polished and rotated front to rear spring and fall. The truck looks really lame when I throw the 16's back on while I am polishing them. Some other good stuff I found is Gords cleaning cleaning compound. It seems to be a paint thinner based stuff with some polish compound in it. Scrub it on and let dry then wipe off, the thinner gets into the metal slightly and repels water at least for a few weeks, then re apply it. Zephyr also makes the same stuff.

2013-02-15_16-54-09_663_zps3bb04791.jpg

2013-02-15_16-54-32_260_zpsa51fe089.jpg

IMAG7197_zps4b13708e.jpg

Latest posts

Members online