How do you take the hub apart ???

ohhno

Reaction score
Attempting to replace my ball joints and I'm trying to figure out how to get the hubs the rest of the way apart ??? Any help would be great thanks . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337126165.775883.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its not supposed to look like that. Use a seal pick or something to pull that gear off the axle shaft

Last edited:

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Looks to me like you destroyed the hub and most of it is still stuck in there. It's supposed to all come out in one piece. LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
there really isnt anything holding it so what i would do is go ahead a remove the four bolts that hold the hub to the spindle, take them out and start working the hub out of the spindle, the rest of that stuff should come out, but like stated your going to need new hubs to put it back together

idkillinit

Reaction score
Yea shoulda came out as one piece as said about. POP a pry bar in there and carefully wiggle it out. Buy new ones. When I did mine it came out in pieces as well

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

ohhno

Reaction score
Lovely !!! Guess it doesn't surprise me , the past owner must've been pretty rough on this truck it's my new money pit !!! Took the 4 bolts off the back of the spindle and shes not budging .
When and if I get this apart can I just put the cover back on the hub and run it for a week or 2 til I can get a new hub ???

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Lovely !!! Guess it doesn't surprise me , the past owner must've been pretty rough on this truck it's my new money pit !!! Took the 4 bolts off the back of the spindle and shes not budging .
When and if I get this apart can I just put the cover back on the hub and run it for a week or 2 til I can get a new hub ???

Yeah you can run it without a hub if you need to. There is an O ring on the hub that seals it to the spindle it takes some effort to get it off.

The auto hubs break all the time because of how they work if you treat them like a manual hub your issues should go away.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I put a set of drive flanges in the front of mine. It rides and drives just like factory without the worry of stripping them. Mines on the fly 4x4 and lock instantly when u turn the switch. Here is a link
http://www.rockcrusherdiffs.com/driveflange.html

That's exactly what I was looking for about 2 years ago! Do you know what spline our axles are? My drag truck needs these lol

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Seen those before, didn't know you could run them in our assemblies. Looks like something I will also look into.

Zmann

Reaction score
Be nice if any of their links actually worked

EDIT found another set of links and they have a mess on their hands ,, half the links go to a domain for sale dead end

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online