How far has everyone pushed their stock head bolts on a 7.3?

woodduck97

Reaction score
I'm currently running 300/200's and stock turbo and was wondering what has everyone pushed there head bolts to? Also only see about 32 pounds of boost.

obspsd

Reaction score
I ran 238/100s with a 66 for awhile with stock bolts and valve springs, no issues

TURTLE

Reaction score
I hit 42lbs on a stock charger and head bolts a couple times and nothing ever let loose. not to say it was good for it but nothing happened.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Ive hit 40+ several times in my 97 with 160/100s. No issues yet.

imelmo

Reaction score
I know PTSUPERD ran his for a couple years with a 38R and DI mini-me's and stock headbolts before they finally went out on him.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Glad to see a few guys stuff holding well... I have maybe ran the truck at it's full potential at a total of 10 minutes in the last year with the few drag races and one pull and some other hot rod accurences. Well I hope money will allow me to get some studs in the truck before Rudy's sled pull so I can feel a little safer.

As for the stock turbo idk how it is holding on being that my orignal stock turbo blew up with just stage ones and less abuse.

Powersmoker

Reaction score
Back about 3.5 years ago...I had a Stock H2E, 230cc A codes, Gen3 Oil and a nice shot of nitrous ( .088 Jet ). It had stock head bolts, valve springs and pushrods. On the juice, it went 12.15 @ 109 Mph and dyno'd 547rwhp. I had this configuration for about 8 months.

I wouldn't recommend doing it, but at the time I was willing to take the risk. I had two spare engines in the garage. The engine later recieved 355cc injectors, Comp 910's, SB P-Rods, Arp Studs and still had no issues. Back in September, I reinstalled the engine back in the truck...with 400/400s and compounds. The engine still runs like a champ, even after I accidently hit 90psi. LOL I love these engines.

Last edited:

woodduck97

Reaction score
Well some of the stories make me feel a little better now if I do not get the studs in by March. But I do plan to get it done ASAP. Just trying not to do anything to get the money saved up for new tires, studs, push rods and injector o-rings.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.