How hard is it to build the 5r110?

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Just wondering how hard is it to rebuild the transmission yourself? I have an NADP to go into mine but I was thinking about building my stocker to have a good spare? Any insight or just let the pros do it?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I know there are a few specialty tools you need just for the 5r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure...i know it's came up in threads in the past in here and from what I can remember everyone said their not very cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derrick36

Reaction score
If he doesn't chime in PM Ryan(blk350on20s). He's done a couple 5r rebuilds without any special tools.

eric.davis emailed me all the info from ford on disassembly and reassembly a while back. It lists all the ford tools as well. If you were to go that route, you'd be spending as much as it'd cost to get it rebuilt from one of our vendors. I can send that info your way if you want.

I guess it just depends on how creative you can get.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Just saw this. Its not to bad. Theres a couple holes in the pump that are threaded so they dont go into the housing. I use a chain and the bolts and a pry bar to pop the pump off. A pick and some clothes hangers modified work great to pull out clutches/baskets/hard parts. A press for putting some hard parts together that have springs. Other than that its pretty much hand tools. Tech book is good for clutch pack clearances and some how to.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Just saw this. Its not to bad. Theres a couple holes in the pump that are threaded so they dont go into the housing. I use a chain and the bolts and a pry bar to pop the pump off. A pick and some clothes hangers modified work great to pull out clutches/baskets/hard parts. A press for putting some hard parts together that have springs. Other than that its pretty much hand tools. Tech book is good for clutch pack clearances and some how to.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't sound like an awful task. I may try this on my spare when I swap my NADP in.

Latest posts

Members online