How many Miles & Hrs on your engine?

VanoFord

Reaction score
So my old .5T lariat message center showed me all the regular system checks, but in my SD it gives me the engine hours which I thought was pretty cool.

My truck has 83k miles and 4k hrs on the engine. My truck has averaged just over 20miles/hr. that sounded pretty low so I wanted to know what your guys trucks were reading too. Thanks!

superduty6.4

Reaction score
I've got about 120,000kms ( 74,000 miles ) or so and 2303 hrs. I am at about 52km/hr ( 32mph ).

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
haha I will get the info when I leave here in a bit. But mine is probly gonna be way off because I hardly ever turn it off. Unless driveing really fast made up for it. LOL

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
Ill have to get mine tomorrow too. The guy before me I know idled my truck alot, I had half as many miles and twice the hours of my dads 08 when I got mine, but she barely stops moving now so it might be evened out some.

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
Ive got 111168 miles and 3967 hours. 28 mph average. The previous owner definitely let my truck idle a lot in the first 28,000 miles, considering my truck is going 65mph the majority of the time.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
158423 miles, 8307 hours, and an everage of 19mph. Lol 2nd owner of this truck. Im like 90% sure it was a fleet truck before I bought it.

VanoFord

Reaction score
thanks for the responses so far guys.

what do you guys think of a truck w/ low average mph? is it better or worse? some of us are comin in around 20, others are comin in around 40+.

is there a target # that is best for longevity or is it like all vehicles and just depends on the general maintenance and care?

thanks so far all!!

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Well from what I remember the lower MPH mean dirtier EGR and DPF. So if you are not equiped with those, I guess you should be fine?

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
I would say higher the avg mph the better, means less idle and highway speeds are easier on the truck vs stop and go. Try and not to let your truck idle too much with the egr and dpf in place, they can clog, normal warm up and cool down is fine though.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I would say higher the avg mph the better, means less idle and highway speeds are easier on the truck vs stop and go. Try and not to let your truck idle too much with the egr and dpf in place, they can clog, normal warm up and cool down is fine though.

Agreed!

Latest posts

Members online