How many miles on your 6.4?

ckrueg

Reaction score
Do you still have the original engine in it. What all have you had to do to it?
I got it 3 years ago with 275k, and I don't remember the hours but it put the average mph at 47 mph so it was all highway. It was already ******d with a near stock power tune. Didn't see any records of major repairs, just fluids, filters etc. All I've done is normal maintenance and a starter, brake switch, tensioner, and tie rods. I've been running homemade MCC tunes based on the H&S hot damn tune. I usually keep it on street, which is supposedly a +225 tune.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

White_6.4

Reaction score
I got it 3 years ago with 275k, and I don't remember the hours but it put the average mph at 47 mph so it was all highway. It was already ******d with a near stock power tune. Didn't see any records of major repairs, just fluids, filters etc. All I've done is normal maintenance and a starter, brake switch, tensioner, and tie rods. I've been running homemade MCC tunes based on the H&S hot damn tune. I usually keep it on street, which is supposedly a +225 tune.

That's good to hear. I had to ask since most threads you see about a 6.4 are mostly about the problems people are having. Mine has almost 150,000 on it I bought it 2 years ago with 135,000 on it. It was all stock. I ******d it and have been running tow tune from ********** diesel.

JE_6.4

Reaction score
Do you guys find they run well on the higher hp tunes? I baby mine the whole time and I'm only on a canned 100hp tune. Runs well but there are times I want more, then I don't cause I know that at some point I'll put my foot in it and worry I'll kill it. Can't be bothered with the hassle of the truck being down.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Do you guys find they run well on the higher hp tunes? I baby mine the whole time and I'm only on a canned 100hp tune. Runs well but there are times I want more, then I don't cause I know that at some point I'll put my foot in it and worry I'll kill it. Can't be bothered with the hassle of the truck being down.
My tunes pretty much run like stock for the first half of the throttle then the last half is where the fun happens lol. As long as you don't beat on it I think a 500 hp or less tune is safe. I also took some timing out of the tune I run at wot which will help it last

ckrueg

Reaction score
I started with base H&S files but I've made quite a few changes myself with MCC

cbenn47

Reaction score
Just turned 40,000 today, going to install a Bullet Proof half oil cooler this week, deltas only 4/5 but tow heavy so just going to help it last longer.

Mudbugs

Reaction score
Bought at 97k and just turned 105k. Installed Ndash with 5" exhaust straight with powerstroke6.7 ceramic down pipe. Running 210 early lock. Running great with awesome power.

Tarheel_6.4L

Reaction score
'08 Job 1 CCSB 133k. Tuned right at 100k w/ Mini maxx, ARP studs, fully d*****d, Alradco radiator, Rudy's up-pipes and AFE intake. Love the truck but really thinking about selling for a '15 or '16 Platinum.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Only 10k miles since April.

51ef1221b10d067d628c9d367caf5b00.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lipka101

Reaction score
137k on mine. 2k since stud job. Also did lifters, springs and pushrods while i was in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

redneckracer

Reaction score
08 F350 rolled over 145K this month. all deeleetts done arouond 70k. replaced radiator (x2 stock) now mishimoto , alternator(x3), powersteering pump(x2), upgraded to southbend clutch and outsourced hydraulics, new Yukon gears ring pinion and locker(blew rear end) bulletproof water pump, pmf dual steering ,draglink, and adj. tracbar.