How many miles on your 6.4?

RSK

Reaction score
10 just turned 89,000 miles the other day. bought it 11 days ago, with 88k and so far, the passenger side heated seat broke and is going in to get fixed under warranty monday, and it got a new tensioner and serpentine belt done under warranty, and crank seal both done on 11/20/13 about 12 days before i picked it up, brought the truck a ford dealer and had the entire truck gone through and it passed everything 110% it's still 100% stock I ordered a dpf/cat delete pipe and sct original off road tuner, and will be ordering a few tunes from gear head in the next week and have everything installed around the 1st week of january unless the shop i'm getting everything from has time sooner. I can't wait huge step up from 97 reg cab xlt to a 2010 crew cab lariat with a sunroof, nav and every other option that was available, I love the truck, and can't wait to drive it every morning. I would say the fuel economy is bad but honestly its no worse then my 7.3 is 10-12mpg hand calculated, so i know once the dpf/cat are gone and its tuned i should be able to pull 15-18mpg especially with 3.55 gears and driving with 1/4 pedal or less. 90% of the time.

Last edited:

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
10 just turned 89,000 miles the other day. bought it 11 days ago, with 88k and so far, the passenger side heated seat broke and is going in to get fixed under warranty monday, and it got a new tensioner and serpentine belt done under warranty, and crank seal both done on 11/20/13 about 12 days before i picked it up, brought the truck a ford dealer and had the entire truck gone through and it passed everything 110% it's still 100% stock I ordered a dpf/cat delete pipe and sct original off road tuner, and will be ordering a few tunes from gear head in the next week and have everything installed around the 1st week of january unless the shop i'm getting everything from has time sooner. I can't wait huge step up from 97 reg cab xlt to a 2010 crew cab lariat with a sunroof, nav and every other option that was available, I love the truck, and can't wait to drive it every morning. I would say the fuel economy is bad but honestly its no worse then my 7.3 is 10-12mpg hand calculated, so i know once the dpf/cat are gone and its tuned i should be able to pull 15-18mpg especially with 3.55 gears and driving with 1/4 pedal or less. 90% of the time.

The first week or 2 being tuned will be pretty hard to keep under 1/4 throttle.... You will have permagrin and a heavier foot.... The 6.4 is way to much fun to drive.

RSK

Reaction score
The first week or 2 being tuned will be pretty hard to keep under 1/4 throttle.... You will have permagrin and a heavier foot.... The 6.4 is way to much fun to drive.

yah you're right, I know merging onto the highway will never been the same! I've driven my buddies 08 f450 with headstuds and egr delete and in the 310 tune hundreds of miles, I love the power it has and how quick it is for crew cab long bed dually on 24's with 35's on it, but I hate how touchy the pedal is, and it hazes driving it as easy as possible and it shifts gears too hard for my likings. so I'm glad I'm gonna be running a gearhead tune. which should be very low smoke and the pedal should be kinda normal.

RSK

Reaction score

well its tuned finally at 90k, and I ended up going with the hot street tune, and I regret it. I should have done the race tune from matt, the hot street tune feels good but doesn't have enough up top, but i don't have studs either. I think my buddies f450 hits harder, feels about as fast, and he's in the 310 spartan race tune, has been since day one with no studs, he's studded now but holly hell is his truck violent when its wide open.

kicker417

Reaction score
2008 F350 cab and chassis motor went out at 120,000 new motor studded and deleted 140000 on the clock daily tow pig. 2008 F350 lariat 170,000 deleted since 70,000... oil cooler, hpfp, radiator, pullys, and belts replace... been a good trucks over all

Latest posts