How much horsepower?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Isn't it funny that my non racing butt always trapped higher than the numbers I got from Beans dyno?

Not saying it's always tellin the truth, but my truck never dyno'd high there.

DocBar

Reaction score
With David's tunes, I trapped ~550-560 rwhp with the set up in my sig. The 100% nozzles really seem to limit the truck.

Charles

Reaction score
I dynoed 943rwhp uncorrected with a 38R as a single and 300/100's, on fuel on a rather hot day.

Beat that.

I can probably retrieve the pull if anyone thinks otherwise. It was on a Mustang load dyno.

To the OP..... go find a dynojet 248 and you'll probably pull 480 to 500rwhp uncorrected. More is gravy. On any other dyno..... who the *** knows.... or cares....

DocBar

Reaction score
I dynoed 943rwhp uncorrected with a 38R as a single and 300/100's, on fuel on a rather hot day.

Beat that.

I can probably retrieve the pull if anyone thinks otherwise. It was on a Mustang load dyno.

To the OP..... go find a dynojet 248 and you'll probably pull 480 to 500rwhp uncorrected. More is gravy. On any other dyno..... who the *** knows.... or cares....
Ok...I did 944 on a very hot day at 12,000ft. with a boost leak. :morons: 1st liar doesn't have a chance...:D

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
The answer is.. However much you want it to say.

Then you could jump on a DJ and get a realistic 500.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Beat that.

ive prolly read it before but why is it you always say the dyno jet is the one to use? its not a load dyno is it? i thought that in order to be able to boost like on the street it needed to be loaded? ive been on a load dyno and a 248c, but when on the dj, i had leaking uppies and manifolds, and a torn boot... only hit 29lbs of boost and did 406 and on beans dyno with everything correctly running did 492 and hit 35lbs of boost. out in California i was on a superflow, with the boost leak and manifold leaks and did 404 with 32lbs of boost... all uncorrected numbers.. ive never had it at the track and im not arguing the numbers as i know anyone can make numbers different on different dynos. just curious is all?

live life full throttle

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I'd say 470 for hp, a 38r can only flow so much, and you prob can get a higher # if you load the Dyno. In a sense there are real hp #'s and high hp #'s that you can use to gloat to your friends.

Joe is right, track times pretty much show the true power #'s, either way you will be pleased with the results.

TyCorr

Reaction score

Beat that.

"baddest 38r truck on the planet" would be an apt title if you decide to start a thread on your experience, lol.

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
Hey dont be downin TN just because one dyno is generous.. I dynoed last July with 238/100s a t500 a 38R and DP tuning and i ran a solid 457 horsepower and 780 torque, so its not all in just the tennessee air lol. That was at the Riffraff East Event on a Dynojet, they wont be having the same dyno this year theyre usin No Limits Dyno. Than blows cuz iv got Gearhead Tunes a DI reg return and a new WW2 for the 38R. How bad off is his dyno in real terms? Iv talked to him personally and he seems like a legit guy..

DocBar

Reaction score
Depends how good you can manipulate a Dyno!!
Like I said...I have no chance. There are guys on here who more DAYS of dyno time than I have runs on a dyno. Probably a considerable number since I've only been on 3. Total. Ever. And I just watched and hoped nothing broke.:lame:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Doc wasnt around in 08 or 09 apparently.... There was a thread where Chuck E Cheese went from his baseline tune of 300hp to 900hp w/o actually ever increasing power on the truck, iirc. All.just dicking with parameters on a mustang "dyno".

DocBar

Reaction score
Doc wasnt around in 08 or 09 apparently.... There was a thread where Chuck E Cheese went from his baseline tune of 300hp to 900hp w/o actually ever increasing power on the truck, iirc. All.just dicking with parameters on a mustang "dyno".
I wasn't. I joined PSN in 2009 or 2010. That's where I 1st encountered "Charles". I love the dude. He gives you no BS but it's not always pallatable.

Latest posts

Members online