How much to pay for 06 6.0?

swinky

Reaction score
Yea. Somebody said that in the second or third post. Just to clarify.

If the oil cooler isnt doing its job, you get huge disparity in the temperatures.

As JMart said the 6l is a great engine. It just took time for the methods with which to repair them to catch up. The common 6l issues addressed they are 500k mile motors. That doesnt preclude you from injector issues.
lifters are gone by 300k more times than not.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bigl110

Reaction score
Yea my max will hover around 25-30k flat so i figured a bulletproofed 6.4 or decent mileage 6.7 if I look hard enough. Gotta trade in the Tacoma first smh

sootie

Reaction score
Yea my max will hover around 25-30k flat so i figured a bulletproofed 6.4 or decent mileage 6.7 if I look hard enough. Gotta trade in the Tacoma first smh

I will have a very clean 2012 6.7 for sale in a couple of months if you are interested. Probably have less than 90k miles on it by then...

TyCorr

Reaction score
lifters are gone by 300k more times than not.

Yea. That is something to watch. Jared Lilly just bought an 06 that had 6l problems for 7k $. It has 116k miles on it. Lariat with nice rims and tires. Sweet truck. The boys had it over at the shop and tore it down. They put it back together using the stock cam and new lifters but the lifters appeared to be fine. They put an s 468 and 225s in it and he's been ripping around in it since. His other is an 03 that he works with that has 450k miles on it. Its studded and has a bulletproof oil cooler but no issues other than wear items.

Get this, he got rid of an lly to get this new 6l because the lly was nickel and diming him to death lol

swinky

Reaction score
Yea. That is something to watch. Jared Lilly just bought an 06 that had 6l problems for 7k $. It has 116k miles on it. Lariat with nice rims and tires. Sweet truck. The boys had it over at the shop and tore it down. They put it back together using the stock cam and new lifters but the lifters appeared to be fine. They put an s 468 and 225s in it and he's been ripping around in it since. His other is an 03 that he works with that has 450k miles on it. Its studded and has a bulletproof oil cooler but no issues other than wear items.

Get this, he got rid of an lly to get this new 6l because the lly was nickel and diming him to death lol
Damn I love hearing stories like that. I drove my truck 6hrs one way last weekend to win a 7.50 index race then drove it home. Wasn't paying attention and oil temp got up to 291 she didn't skip a beat.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The kids doing the work both drive 6l's. One is an 04 with 190/75s and tuning from rcd. Has an upgraded powermax of some kind. Purchased with bad headgaskets, hpo issues, and a bad trans for 2 grand I think. A plug in the hpop, new oil cooler, and tunes fixed all those issues. Going strong for two years.

They have 7 others they picked up for NOTHING that are "broken". The one did have lifted heads it seemed.

slc6oh

Reaction score
everyone here in salt lake are terrified of 6l's , I picked my 06 ccsb lariat fx4, from the original owner, with 120k for 15,000. flawless minus the tailgate has a whoop in it. . . . didn't check deltas while test driving it , and shortly after buying it ended up doing an oil cooler. meh. no biggie. was coming apart for egr ****** anyways.

only lesson I learned. is buy the oem oil cooler... the first time, or youll be doing an oil cooler again in a couple months.

and if the deltas are ok. get a coolant filter on it asap.

Last edited:

slc dzl

Reaction score
Bought a 06 lariat last year with high miles "270k" and it's been flawless.
The 06 fx4 I had before this was amazing, had 205s and a 68 Vgt with stock head bolts and never popped. Only reason I got rid of it was because I wanted a crew cab.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Latest posts

Members online