How tight to tighten CAC boots

brkncly

Reaction score
Getting ready to replace my old CAC boots since they are leaking. When installing the new ones how tight are you guys tightening them down to? Is there a specific torque rating? Don't want to over tighten the clamps nor do I want them to leak or loose pressure. Any input would be great, thanks!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Getting ready to replace my old CAC boots since they are leaking. When installing the new ones how tight are you guys tightening them down to? Is there a specific torque rating? Don't want to over tighten the clamps nor do I want them to leak or loose pressure. Any input would be great, thanks!

hand tight with a 3/8 ratchet. dont yank on it hard, just good and tight. anything tighter wil only put stress on the clamp and force and edge into the boot ripping it over time.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
However tight my Dewalt 12v impact tightens to. Only ones I torque are the new plastic CAC tubes on 6.0's

3brorce

Reaction score
Pretty darn tight. When I first put my no limit cac on tightened clamp pretty good and blew a boot off on test run. Tightened a little more and havent had a problem since.

WV Stud

Reaction score
Put some hair spray on em when you slip the boots on,I run my 20v dewalt impact on all of mine.So pretty tight

Latest posts

Members online